Module B The tragedy of King Lear (1 Viewer)

kyu_chan

the REAL nightmare begins
HSC
kaodorite said:
did everyone do it as an essay....I did mine as a conversation. :(
I did mine as an essay... are we allowed to choose whichever text type we like?

exa_boi87

aka biomic
HSC
maan .. Lear was great I thought :p ... opened with my 'transcendant' themes of binary opposition (eg: power/powerlessness) and just went through the play, linking different interpretations with the plays content and values ...

Trev

stix
HSC
I talked about one other production - the BBC one which isn't a play but eh :p
I couldn't remember stuff from it because i've never seen it I just read my friends notes on it last night haha, urgh.

MeLT87

!!!!!
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
Construction, language and... yeah, something else.

I hope a whole bunch of kids went in there with all productions memorised and fail because they know nothing about the original text.
i doubt that, the kids that had knowledge of the productions would probably have had an advantage... you really needed them to support the idea of universal themes and to demonstrate how them text has been appropriated to serve updated agendas. without the productions the response wouldnt have been strong

Last edited:
HSC
the problem tho, is that they specified in their question to refer to the construction, content and language of the text, which means they'd place more emphasis in the text itself. I put more on themes than productions overall.

Just wana ask, when they say refer to 2 scenes, is it ok if it's one scene in detail, and bits and pieces from several other scenes in illustrating my point? *fingers crossed*

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
I thought this would be my downfall -_-

However, the question was fair, and although I didn't say all I wanted to say and had to cut some stuff out, I was alot more pleased with this than I had imagined.

Haku

gorgo31 said:
Incredibly ambiguous question. Anyone who thinks you needn't need to focus on interpretations and productions is very wrong, check the rubric. It states you needed to evaluate how the text had been received in different contexts, eg. use critics and productions and show how they were influenced by context.

That was the crux of my argument; that King Lear is worthwile for continued study because history has shown its universal themes can be constantly revised and reinterpreted. I don't know if this is what the question was asking, but I have a very good feeling the markers will be accepting a lot of diversity in the responses, for the second year in a row.
haha, thats good. lol got really scared when every one talk about form and stuff. I did use lots of quotes but structure i dun know what that is and i didn;t use the labels like structure, language and so forth. But i backed my arguement by using productions and techniques and language that can be continously studies. hope the markers gets fooled into thinking that i have read the text

Haku

shobadaynature said:
the problem tho, is that they specified in their question to refer to the construction, content and language of the text, which means they'd place more emphasis in the text itself. I put more on themes than productions overall.

Just wana ask, when they say refer to 2 scenes, is it ok if it's one scene in detail, and bits and pieces from several other scenes in illustrating my point? *fingers crossed*
that should be fine, thats what i did.

sharronx

i was really happy with mod b, just earler i was arguing with a friend who said mod b was just about different readings and i said you had to include actual in depth textual analysis blah blah and she was like 'uh you can waste your time on that then'.

darkroomgirl

HSC
Hmmm, what did I do again...

I spoke of the balance between power/powerlessness (some good textual references) and how it was really relevant in Shakespeare's time cos of the whole natural order thing... and also how it's still relevant to our own context because heaven knows how much leadership dispute there is in the world... um... then I went into patriarchy/feminism, and this was where I went for all the different productions... how different versions of Lear interpret the roles of the women in King Lear. Also some good textual reference.

Overall, I'd say a good balance of text and productions. I'm content.

mmmegan

HSC
can anyone tell me and my friend who wrote KING LEAR - we are just starting to study now - and cant remember the dudes name

HSC
MY ASS! The king lear question was so off the key

undefinedundefinedOmg...are u guys kidding? The question on king lear was so irrelevant...we studied how to read the play, and how different producers read the play, and the question had hardly anything to do with it

HSC
ok, whatever mmmegan

Well mmmegan, i think you are an idiot, and ur friend must be pretty damn stupid not to know the name of one of the most famous playwrites and authors in history...and whats with the stutter?

jessimica

hungry chicken said:
undefinedundefinedOmg...are u guys kidding? The question on king lear was so irrelevant...we studied how to read the play, and how different producers read the play, and the question had hardly anything to do with it
KING LEAR so bummed that question, totally irrelevant

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)