Module C - Powerplay (1 Viewer)

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
Originally posted by truly-in-bliss
that question was too biased.......cuz my supp texts were against it...while JC was for it...... it was my shittest english resposne ever....... good timing too.......but the question was just so outta foucs...too narrow..
yeeeeeeeeea
i couldn't get the texts i had prepared to follow an argument for this question. my things were about the balance of power, how you can get power, downfalls etc. this totally screwed me over, i had nothing relevant to say and it was just incoherent crazy ramblings and pathetic attempts to smuggle the word 'obvious' in there and a whoole lotta work down the drain.

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
Originally posted by Toodulu
yeeeeeeeeea
i couldn't get the texts i had prepared to follow an argument for this question. my things were about the balance of power, how you can get power, downfalls etc. this totally screwed me over, i had nothing relevant to say and it was just incoherent crazy ramblings and pathetic attempts to smuggle the word 'obvious' in there and a whoole lotta work down the drain.

same...i rambled on sooo much.... lyk my first few appargraph sorta followed the question..but later on i found myself regergitating the stuff i know and the quotes i know which..none of it answered the question....at one pt i found myself writing a quote that was against the *not obvious* bit and was lyk..wait on a minute..... and basicalli i had nothing to say abt the *not obvious* bit..... it was just a whole bunch of generalisaitons...

BOS pplz if ur reading this........that powerplay question was too biased!

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
The Powerplay question related to my text really well (Nineteen Eighty-Four, The Matrix and The Logical Song). I could have done really well if I had some more time:(.

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Originally posted by NekkidSerpent
Well, I chose to depict real power as the power of the mob, and revolved my article around that.
That's what i did too!! But I also did Wag the Dog and that was kinda handy because the person in Power was Bream, not the president :)

tempco

HSC
Originally posted by sugaryblue
That's what i did too!! But I also did Wag the Dog and that was kinda handy because the person in Power was Bream, not the president :)
I also used that film as my supplementary material, but I just didn't have time to fit that it... It was a great idea though.. the real person with power in the shadows of the white house.

LeesY

well the question was not bad..i wrote 9 pages for this one..i think my response wasnt balanced between all the texts though..because i wrote more on Julius Caesar than my related material...
i also related this concept where power resides with the people and real power involves power struggle to get where they want?
dont know if i was on the right track

tegs

Fitted my supplementary texts well.
I had a leunig cartoon about Iraqi war, with these angels talking about George Bush. Said that power can be on many different levels and unseen power is not just covert but overt, but it can be so open that we miss it.
I also talked about domestic power in regard to Portia and Brutus, and related it to Twelfth Night.

Ioniza

HSC
Believe it or not, I like using video games as supplementary materials.

I used the journey of the Arbiter from Halo 2, for the Journeys area of study, and I'm experimenting to see if I can use the Tom Clancy's Endwar trailer as one for Powerplay.

If you're into video games, I suggest that you try and use them as texts, as It is a LOT easier to remember the quotes from a game that you enjoyed playing, and wouldn't mind playing again.

Ioniza

HSC
Believe it or not, I like using video games as supplementary materials.

I used the journey of the Arbiter from Halo 2, for the Journeys area of study, and I'm experimenting to see if I can use the Tom Clancy's Endwar trailer as one for Powerplay.

If you're into video games, I suggest that you try and use them as texts, as It is a LOT easier to remember the quotes from a game that you enjoyed playing, and wouldn't mind playing again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)