Module C - Powerplay (1 Viewer)

cheekyT

yeah i thort the question was a bit hard at first, i think interpreting the quesion wuld hav thrown ppl off a bit...but 1nce ud red it a few times it was ok

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
I loved it. It was perfect for After Mabo and my related material. Representation for me in my essay was centred around the medium and then the other words all linked to powerplay. I feel good but i don't want to get too confident becausewho knows what the markers want.

rowan brand

Spend most of reading time trying to pull it apart.

Used 1984
Antigone
Editorial from SMH

Went well, took a ittle while to get the rhythm going.

9 pages

scoby_2000

HSC
haha

this question was funny coz i cept reading it over and cudnt understand the q!

i had the biggest mental blank of wat "dileberate" meant

lol i even think i just spelt it wrong

i kept thinking it was like delibrate - like some rando word i had never heard of

lol!!!

got there in the end tho :)

shortie_89

HSC
N/A
i was so disappointed because powerplay is the module i probably know the most about out of the three, but i didn't have enough time to write everything i wanted; i think i only wrote 6 pages. the question was a bit confusing.. i tried to make reference to it a few times but it was a pretty weak argument overall. our set text was 1984 and my related texts were wag the dog (the film) and the autobiography of nelson mandela

misfit_87

HSC
I had only 30 mins to do this question so I had to cut out a paragraph from Antony and Cleopatra and I wasn't sure if I knew what the question was asking so I just wrote my prepared essay but now reading what others thought the question meant I think I actually answered the question right except I ran out of time at the end. I wanted to join everything together in my conclusion but I didn't get a chance to but otherwise I got to mention my prescribed text and my two related. It was alright. I ended up writing 7 pages.

MeehShanku

MeehShankU
HSC
zahid said:
ok really it comes down to ur interpretation.....at the heart of representation= your prescribed + selected texts and their representation of powerplay.

acts of delibrate selection and emphasis= How through clear examples, situations, developments, characters do composers emphasise their representation of powerplay..(e.g: political expediency over principle, victory of pragmatism etc)...HOW= techniques.....Really depends on how you look at the question.

i did exactly what u did (ie had thesis victor goes to most machiaevallian.) but i intrepreted "selection" as wat their movitation n who they r targeting (eg: Cleopatra exerting power over Antony), and "emphasis" as how they exert their power. Plz tell me thats right

xxFiveWords

HSC
the question was very broad... it was very nice of Board of Studies to do that =)

jebba_d

Mz_mE said:
the question totally threw me off.. i was really confused.. maybe it was exam pressure.. but i wrote all i knew about powerplay in general and tried as much as i could to the question.. i dont no if i interpreted the q correctly.. powerplay.. a&c and related texts
ahhh the joy of english. there is no correct interpretation in english. if u hav a point of view and u can back it up well and do what the rubric says ur looking at getting like a17 or 18 probli. on a lesser note i thought the question was pretty obscure and pretty bad. i hear it wasa perfect question for telling the truth but it waqs weird for powerplay, on saying that i think i nailed it anyway. fingers crossed anyway

cyclonesarah

Easy question to turn around to fit YOUR texts! Loved it. Did 6 pages, not as many as i would have liked but anymore detail i would have run outa time and i HATE handing in half done essays!

Last edited:

angelar

i was pretty happy with this by the end...at first i thought i was gonna hate it, cause i really wanted an elective based question, not module, cause i dont really get it as good, but it was both and yeah i agree was good to fit any prepared essay or discussion of texts around...i thought all the modules were good like that though, they were all generic, in that all my essays adapted well...

skyrockets1530

Member++
HSC
bennychanman said:
really? i think that question was a perfect fit for Antony and Cleopatra.... =)

So i was happy....

fucked wordsworth/malouf and fucked citizen kane.....well there go all my hopes n dreams of getting into law
Wow, someone who does the exact same texts as our school- i didnt know such a place existed...
But module C really confused me, spent 5min trying to decipher the question which left only 35 to write something...
module A and B were really good i thought, but you never know, goodluck...

skyrockets1530

Member++
HSC
bennychanman said:
we don't happen to go to the same school do we? :p
are you in my english class at SGS?
haha, nah- when i read your post prior i checked to see if u went to my school but i'm at marcellin in randwick- i was seriously shocked bout doing the same texts cause there are rarely any posts bout em here, less than 1% of the states does these ones.
~Adam

lolmg

HSC
hahah it's ben chan!!!

say hi to lloyd for me

and you are wrong, the question was gay for powerplay

today. in hay.

HSC
MeehShanku said:
i did exactly what u did (ie had thesis victor goes to most machiaevallian.) but i intrepreted "selection" as wat their movitation n who they r targeting (eg: Cleopatra exerting power over Antony), and "emphasis" as how they exert their power. Plz tell me thats right
ahaha...I also did that...although proabably a lot more badly than you guys did...

I though all the Q's this year were very very broad...the second module was a little confusing in exactly what it was asking, but prepared responses should have had the right content

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)