Module C: Representation and Text (1 Viewer)

sedated_mind

HSC
frontline was pretty straightforward to answer, it was slightly dodgy but again you could make it fit and i worked all my eps and rel texts into it hopefully how markers wanted it...

izzy88

HSC
i thought the frontline question was hard to interpret...i mean maybe i still dont get it...i was under the impression the frontline module and texts were all about how composers use texts to make the viewer/responder believe their interpretation of the truth...yet this asked for their perspectives on the significance of the truth...was the truth not significant to the world because there is no absolute truth...or is it very significant because composers use the idea of 'the truth' to present their point of view, to make a statement, to make people believe their interpretation....:confused:

anyway-weird question in phrasing but who cares!!! English is over!!! yay!!!:)

Royalist

HSC
Frontline question was simple and easy to answer, although worded weirdly.
'The Siege' fit the personal experiences well because of Gavin's experience, and how the Frontline team have the ability to manipulate truth, with little importance placed on the significance and validity of truth as it reflects little entertainment value.
The moral failings of the characters reflect poor ethics of the media towards a valid representation on personal experiences within their story. Their concern for entertainment overshadows the importance and significance of telling a valid truth.

Thats pretty much in summary what i was arguing, tell me if it makes sense.

My related texts fit this question really well also.

Last edited:

shsshs

HSC
i thought 1984 powerplay was very very kind i.e. the human experience thingo applied much better to 'power' than to 'truth'

i talked about Winston's spiritual and ethical atrophy, how doublethink establishes a social facade to dictate human lifestyle, and newspeak/language which removes the potential for human subversion thus furthering the dogma of Oceania

perko1988

HSC
wikipedia as related for history and memory

omg, the question for history and memory was so good, my texts fitted perfectly. did anyone else do "wikipedia" as a related text, or was it just me and my mate? have to wait and see if it pays off, but i think it fitted well

miss random

HSC
The Frontline question was very badly written i had no idea what it was actually asking

shimmy&shine

HSC
I think some of the questions were badly written as well.

This was my favourite essay. The Ted Hughes one was my seciton.

Does anyone else do Ted Hughes?!!?

sanjay_88

HSC
Personally, i loved this question:

Texts in this elective offer perspectives on the significance of power in human experiences.

Were you persuaded to embrace these perspectives?

Refer to your prescribed text and at least TWO other related texts of your own choosing.

All it wanted you to do was tell you why power is important to people. For example, power corrupts people and subordinates the individual. I talked about that for like 12 pages, then ran out of time. lol

lilyflower16

HSC
OMG the frontline question screwed me up sooooo bad! I had no idea what it was asking and basically wrote the first thing that came into mind, which was a bunch of crap. UGH!!!

rocafella32

HSC
frontline was gay...didnt get the question
Its interesting that no ones really said anything about the "did you embrace the perspectives?" part
I said it did, because embracing the composers perspectives, allows us to see the distortion in their aspects of truth. But my arguement wasnt overly strong. i just kept reapeting that line again and again.
Am i Way off topic?

If i am, can someone tell me what the questioning was really asking you, cause i think i wasted a good 10 minutes looking at the questions, and still didnt get it
If someones got a clue, can they splurt it out

f261120

HSC
rocafella32 said:
I said it did, because embracing the composers perspectives, allows us to see the distortion in their aspects of truth. But my arguement wasnt overly strong. i just kept reapeting that line again and again.
Am i Way off topic?
ummmmmm i thought they meant the perspectives offered by the texts... like of what the truth is... and whether you embrace (stupid word where they really mean support) the perspective... like i said frontline discarded the facts for ratings... blah blah and i dont support this perspective of truth i prefer facts :|

eep writing this again tis sounds like a load of crap... i kept repeating the line also :p:worried:

Chrispy

vote for dtp = <3
HSC
FRONTLINE:

From what my teacher said afterwards, you had to approach it from the perspective of Frontline the satire, not Frontline the current affairs show.

I did that, but only wrote 4 pages or so and half it was crossed out since my handwriting sucks. :(

AngelznDemonz

HSC
The powerplay question was different, unusual....talk about ambiguous!!! Whoever came up with that question should be ashamed of themselves....
Wrote 10 pages..and i think i kept rephrasing the question 2 somehow support my answer..
Who loves 2 fudge related material?..I DO

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
I didn't think the question was great, but it could've been a lot worse.
I thought it was kinda stupid that the question asked about the significance of truth in personal experience. Clearly that doesn't address the main issues raised in Frontline. I think I was able to work it in though, but maybe not enough.
Telling the truth is easily my best module, so I'm glad that at least it wasn't another text type or something.

xx__savannah

HSC
I think the question for Telling the Truth: Birthday Letters was really good -- pretty straightforward, and about the easiest question I think we could have got, worded a bit strangely though.

For the hell of it I included the nature of human experiences and desire to be believed as to what drove Hughes to go overboard with persuasive techniques which ended up working against him.

emma max

Ancient Member
HSC
Highly_Nrgetik said:
Powerplay Question (13):

Texts in this elective offer perspectives on the significance of power in human experiences.

Were you persuaded to embrace these perspectives?

Refer to your prescribed text and at least TWO other related texts of your own choosing.

The prescribed texts are:

• Shakespeare - William Shakespeare, Antony and Cleopatra
  • Prose Fiction - George Orwell, Nineteen Eighty-Four
  • Drama - Hannie Rayson, Life After George
  • Media - John Hughes, After Mabo

Long story short... i talked a lot of shit.
same here...i think it's time for an english book burning session

Monstar

HSC
i said frontline team placed alot of emphasis upon the commercial perspective of the human experience

ie them sensationalising the leso story
ie them manipulating the sweat shop story

nicki8959

HSC
I hated the Telling the Truth question for Frontline. Firstly, I had to read the question, like, 10 times before I half understood what it even said. It was just such wierd wording, I didn't know how to write an introduction or conclusion to that...???

Anyway, I just used my main thesis statements as the "perspectives offered" and tried to give techniques on how they persuaded me to embrace them...still felt really wierd...not very logical response i think

HSC
The powerplay quest for Antony & Cleopatra was a shocker, well hte way it asked bout powetr through human experiences was stupid. I just basically talked bout modes of representations and how the audience learns bout the nature of powerplay through the experiences of the protagonists. This is gonna be shoking even if i wrote 9 pages for it, it was utter bullshit...

i hope they're leniant with us

roosterssuck

HSC
frontline question was bs!!

it asked you to use personal pronouns, but essays are supposed to be completely impersonal, ur screwed either way

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)