Module C: Representation and Text (1 Viewer)

Lois_87

I Love Gorden Tallis!
HSC
I thought the Frontline question was the best! I wrote so much! It was exactly what I prpeared for and exactly what we focused on in class.

Mandy101

HSC
The Frontline question was the only one that threw me a little bit... I understood it and all, but 'selection and emphasis' was hard to manipulate my entire essay around. I think I did okay though.

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
Mandy101 said:
The Frontline question was the only one that threw me a little bit... I understood it and all, but 'selection and emphasis' was hard to manipulate my entire essay around. I think I did okay though.
I actually found that statement so easy to link to, but I don't think I interlinked between texts enough. No matter.

HSC
cheers

consty_87 said:
I did Ted Hughes too, and thought it was great. The quote was so easy to manipulate, so there was no problem about where to go with it. I'm a bit of a slow writer, but I think I covered it in enough detail.
I did Ted Hughes too, and the question is simple, to the central backbone of the issue, and there's lil problem in conveying the stuff, problem is the detail, not sure if i had enough, but i'm most satisfied with this answer.

There seems to be a lack of focus on the poetic techniques for this one...mayb it's taken for granted that we need to put that in as well??

oh well. :cool:

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
Hughes Poetry was great! The question fit exactly what I've been studying! A little more textual detail on my behalf would've made me happier, but I'm very pleased that all the questions were fair, and I got everything done.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
excellent question, bad time-management. I was dissapointed in how brief and generalized I had to make it due to the time-limit. Why 2 ORT's? 1 would mean better, more indepth analysis. Isn't that what they want afterall? Ach, hate paper 2. Atleast it was easy though. Too easy? Yeah, too easy. Giving all the regurgitators an easy time... bastards.

slinky_cumquat

Geriatric
HSC
i did ted hughes and i felt a bit iffy about it myself.. im not sure why, i did write a lot about it all and stuff, but i just feel iffy.. like i didnt put enough quotes from hughes poems or something, or i just didnt relate it to the texts properly..

i feel much better about my emma/clueless.

and damn right about those regurgitators, im not one of those, although i managed to remember all my quotes for the first time in my life, quite excited about that!

rebecca05

HSC
powerplay question

I thought the powerplay question was crap. it had no relevance to the text we did at school - '1984'. My whole year struggled with it and the teachers, including the head of english thinks it was too hard. What the hell does selection and emphasis have to do with 1984? If our treachers dont know, and they are pretty good teachers, then how should we know? I have never seen such a bad question in an exam at all.

Kutar Maggi

They call me nigga man
HSC
well im not sure how i went in POWERPLAY, but i took selection and emphasis as;

throught the represnetations of the texts what do they select and emphasise as essential components of the endavour for Absolute power.

my entire essay was based on the transferation of power between the major players, on different levels.

what did anyone else do?

mangela

HSC
powerplay

yeah i just said that through the delibrate implementation of techniques to selct and emhapsis certain qualities of the text composers are able to represent the fact that power is dynamic, conflic-related and not evenly spread.

leah1987

HSC
Exam Easy

I thought all advanced modules were quite easy. I did module A first (emma and Clueless) then Representation (Frontline) then Critical Study (lear). I thought the emma question was very straight forward and Frontlines question was so simple but the words changed to try and confuse you. I unforntunately ran out of time with Lear but said i what i mostly wanted to. Just A QUICK QUESTION : WAS THE LEAR QUESTION SUPPOSED TO BE STRUCTURED AS A SPEECH WITH A SENSE OF VOICE?
good luck every1 forfuture exams and just think we never have to read shakespearian (by choice) again xx

Pixydust*

...best english paper EVER, and coming from someone who seriously sucks at english, thats gotta be good. i mean come on - no text types, no tricky ambiguous wording - i literally started laughing in the reading time because it was so simple!! Thank God! Though, this could imply the rest of the exams are gonna suck, which they generally have so far....oh bugger.

Pixydust*

slinky_cumquat said:
and damn right about those regurgitators!
im a reguritator *looks down at floor in shame* i never think i remember anything until i walk in the exam and it just comes pouring out lol add a sentence here and there and bingo - prepepared answer which addresses the question :) though, i think i use the whole memorise - regurgitate system because it makes me more confident when i walk in - i already know everything im going to say so no thinking, just writing as fast as i possibly can!!!

avalonian

HSC
rebecca05 said:
I thought the powerplay question was crap. it had no relevance to the text we did at school - '1984'. My whole year struggled with it and the teachers, including the head of english thinks it was too hard. What the hell does selection and emphasis have to do with 1984? If our treachers dont know, and they are pretty good teachers, then how should we know? I have never seen such a bad question in an exam at all.

glad to see someone else felt the same as me. i was ready for a really hard transformations and a really easy powerplay, but they switched them around! I can see how selections and emphasis works for telling the truth, u could write an essay on that after watching any news program looking at how they select and emphasise things to make a good story. But how does it relate to powerplay and antony and cleopatra?

i was a bit stumped, most of the ppl in my form said they had to sit and think about the question for a few minutes, which you cant do in the exam. im happy with my final result, but i was pissed off cos i had to remould my points and couldnt use many of the quotes.

miapants

HSC
the whole selection and emphasis thing is relevant, it's what the module is about: how texts represent powerplay. for example in a&c, shakespeare deliberately uses cleopatra to show how women's power is resented by men. so he's SELECTED her as a character, so to speak, to prove his point. and he emphasises lepidus' weakness bby showing him getting pissed and then arrested to show that the powerplay in the triumvirate doesn't favour the weak dude. the question asked us to explain how the choices an author makes, in what they show and what they emphasise, influence the powerplays they convey... i'd make more sense, but i don't have to do english anymore (except for extension, which doesn't count)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)