Monash (Melb) Med (1 Viewer)

inasero

Reborn
HSC
they have a MASSIVE humanities building that dominates the airspace

inasero

Reborn
HSC
wow congrats to a certain member of this board for getting into monash med...though he/she had it coming :)

Monash Interview

Well I assume there's someone around here that got into Monash last year...I've got an interview offer...So are there any kind souls out there who'll explain how the interviews went? I've heard they have scenario-based questions unlike UNSW and that there is a panel of 3...
WTH is with "detechnicalizing" words? That doesn't show how you'd make a good doctor...just get a dictionary...ahh...anyway, I should be studying for my HSC. LOL.

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
Lexicographer said:
Hey, did anyone else apply for and get offered an interview at Monash?

And is anyone here able to tell me about Monash? Like its reputation, campus size, ease of navigation, expenses et cetera?

Thanks a plenty!
yup!! so ecstatic!! good luck to u and everyone else who got one!

i have to do my research on monash too, all i now so far is that the uni is big on research and technology and the like.

how are u getting there? accomodation bla bla

inasero

Reborn
HSC
the uni is big on one thing and that is making money
which is why they are increasing international student places and full fee paying places by 100 (total cohort is 320 next year) even though we dont have the resources to cope with the increased demand. come to think of it...we're struglling with 220 as it is...our pcl group got kicked out of our tute room cos there werent enough rooms and the second years wanted to use it...so now we're stuck in a shitty little room. sometimes, we have tutors teaching several different groups at the same time...
i grant that the curriculum is great but nobody knows how the students will be co-ordinated next year...

well thats the end of my rant about my uni...now in regards to getting to monash...what i recommend you do is once you get to the airport...catch the shuttle bus (its called skybus)to spencer st bus terminal (about 15 bucks one way). Then as you walk out into Spencer St turn right and walk down about 100metres until you have Spencer St. Station on your right hand side. Go there and catch a train to:
1) Clayton station- subsequently catch a taxi to monash uni which will take u around 5 minutes
2) alternatively...go to huntingdale station and catch a bus to clayton station (route 631 i think...just hail the bus driver and ask)
Either way, you will end up at the bus loop and then just follow the map to building 15 (more commonly known as CMHSE). It's quite easy to find because its near the bus loop and painted bright red and blue.

accomodation? you can call up the university halls of residences and and arrange overnight accomodation...and it'll set u back 30-35 if i remember correctly.

hope this helps and any more q's just ask :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)