Monash Uni Commerce? (1 Viewer)

PakiPrince

HSC
I know that Monash uni is highly regarded in Melbourne, but what about Sydney?

How would a BCom from Monash compete with a BCom UNSW or BCom USYD for employment, prestige etc etc here in Sydney?

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Not as highly. The same could be said if UNSW/USYD kids applied for firms in Melbourne.

Jinks

HSC
I know that Monash uni is highly regarded in Melbourne, but what about Sydney?

How would a BCom from Monash compete with a BCom UNSW or BCom USYD for employment, prestige etc etc here in Sydney?
It's still regarded as one of the best universities in the country so I wouldn't worry about anything too much!

PakiPrince

HSC
It's still regarded as one of the best universities in the country so I wouldn't worry about anything too much!
I'm from Sydney, but recieved an offer to study there. Its definitely better then Macquarie and UTS and UWS.

I want to work in Sydney but i saw that Monash was ranked 18th in the world in the QS UNI rankings for accounting and finance (which is what I intend to do). UMELB was 7th, Usyd 10th. UNSW 12th, Monash 18. After looking at that i thought instead of wasting 3 years at UTS or Macquarie I'd better do that.

Advice?

Jinks

HSC
I'm from Sydney, but recieved an offer to study there. Its definitely better then Macquarie and UTS and UWS.

I want to work in Sydney but i saw that Monash was ranked 18th in the world in the QS UNI rankings for accounting and finance (which is what I intend to do). UMELB was 7th, Usyd 10th. UNSW 12th, Monash 18. After looking at that i thought instead of wasting 3 years at UTS or Macquarie I'd better do that.

Advice?
If you're from Sydney maybe instead of looking at rankings consider if its really worth the move/expenses to study in Melbourne and if what you're going to gain over Macquarie/UTS is worth all the trouble. However if you're happy to move and think that there is a lot to be gained then go for. At the end of the day rankings are only rankings and I'm sure if you look on a different site you'll find different numbers so I wouldn't make that the primary focus of your decision.

Personally, I used to study at Monash (accounting and finance) and loved it and thought most of my lecturers/tutors were great if thats any help haha!

rope

HSC
N/A

Advice?
If I were in your position, I'd just take up the UTS/MQ offer and transfer after a year, they're still good universities. Not worth the hassle & cost of moving to Melbourne if you're from Sydney and planning on working in Sydney in the end anyway. Transferring isn't particularly difficult, just maintain around a high credit/distinction level and it'll be enough for USyd/UNSW commerce in your second year.

RishBonjour

HSC

Advice?
You really shouldn't move for a commerce degree when you have universities on par (nationally) like Macquarie and UTS. You will not be disadvantaged at either universities unless you're going for MBB (quite pretentious, they generally just go to go8 universities to recruit).

If you really want, you can transfer into usyd/unsw after first year. All the hassle of moving to melb, rent etc is not worth any degree other than medicine (unless you want to move for a new experience etc).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)