money for CRUISE? (1 Viewer)

pig_93

HSC
just wondering how much cash everyone is taking for the cruise. im not going on tours and i dont drink excessively lol

and also, for the 29th, what SHIP are we going on???

HSC
dont u use cruise cards? liek u load cash onto ur cruise card... well at least thats what we did wen we went on a cruise

HSC
adambra said:
Do you need cash though?
well to load ur cruise card up, yes. but otherwise u just need money for the islands...

hYperTrOphY

HSC
pig_93 said:
just wondering how much cash everyone is taking for the cruise. im not going on tours and i dont drink excessively lol

and also, for the 29th, what SHIP are we going on???
I'm not 100% certain about how much I will be taking to spend, but I would estimate around $500-600.

We are on the Pacific Sun.

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
I'm taking cash, you never know when you might need it.
Also I think you might need to pay cash for a sea sick needle if you get sick onboard and that cost over $100

Wats_it

HSC
Travelers cheques are the only way to go. Noone eles can cash them but urself, and they are so secure. Lose one and you can cancel it so noone eles could try. That and if you don't use it, you can cash what ever you have left when u get back. I've used them before and that was awesome. That and you can only use CC to pay for stuff on the crusie. no eftpost apparently.

DeanM

HSC
im taking about $1000-1200... and ill prob spend about $50-60 a night for drinks... depending on the cost of each drink...

Ilija

Swinger
HSC
I love DUTY FREE, does anyone know how much we roughly save is like $5 on a $30 bottle or more/less.

HSC
Ilija said:
I love DUTY FREE, does anyone know how much we roughly save is like $5 on a $30 bottle or more/less.
bottles of alcohol (like 1L BOTTLES, NOT STANDARD 700ML) are sooo much cheaper, as are cigarettes. I went last year and bought

- bottle of JW red
- bottle of bombay sapphire gin
- bottle of Mailbu
- bottle of black sambuca
- bottle of jose curevo tequila
- bottle of brandy
- bottle of absolut vodka
- carton of B&H cigarettes
- cartron of horizon cigarettes

bought all this (there were more ppl to bring it allthru customs though) for just over $250AUD. That was in Vila i think?? yeeeh its sweeet as there

pig_93

HSC
im taking about 300. is it this wayyyy too little?

a) im going on NO tours

b) i dont drink TOO much (say about 10-15 bucks a night)

c) im not buying duty free anything

d) screw presents for my family from new caledonia

Odourless

HSC
Is there a place on the boat that we can exchange Aus dollars for whatever they use in New Caledonia? Or do you need to bring some with you as well as normal money? Or can you just get it exchanged over there :)

pig_93

HSC
Odourless said:
Is there a place on the boat that we can exchange Aus dollars for whatever they use in New Caledonia? Or do you need to bring some with you as well as normal money? Or can you just get it exchanged over there :)

we can exchange on the pursers desk....so its cool
they exchange travellers cheques and money so its all good

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)