Money spent on tuition (1 Viewer)

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
Hmmm... I'd say around about 1000 to 1500 bucks...
Personally, tutors are useless if you're not willing to learn.

vanity

HSC
i had been tutored in maths between year 5 and year 11 (stopped when i dropped ext maths for ext eng, term 1 year 11)
i had eng tutoring in year 10 and 11...
i dont even wanna know how much it was total!!

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
Originally posted by unmentionable
is private english tutoring really good? i mean does it really boost your marks up even though ur not really an english person?
ive always thought english tutoring was a waste of money
but now considering my english marks, i really need a tutor and my parents want me to get one too
so im just wondering if its really any help o_O
personally, i feel subjects like maths, or sciences or social sciences u can just learn from the book and ask ur teacher, if u actually work hard. english is different, texts are different, its very subjective, sometimes it has to take a very good tutor to unlock the doors for u

rukawasan

Top Stuff
HSC
pigs... dat eng tutor of urs dos wonders... wish id known bt him earlier...

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
English - 10 * $55
Chem - 70 * $52

Strangely enough, both were my worst subjects.

I feel that tutoring for just a mark isn't worth it in the long run, which is why I only went 10 times to my English tutor for the sole purpose of doing well in my trials and HSC exam.

The Chem tutoring, however, had a big point. As the syllabus has been changed so as to remove most chemistry from the course, I wasn't being taught actual "Chemistry" at my school, rather "History of Chemistry" as I like to put it. My tutor taught me over 2 years the understanding of the principles of chemistry which I can apply throughout my tertiary education.

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by fatmuscle
lol i had tutoring for english since yr7
and i end up getting 65 for standard english

LOL

(laugh with & at me)

points at fat muscle and laughs

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
Originally posted by KeypadSDM

Strangely enough, both were my worst subjects.
Funny how that works... I had a couple of tutes for 4u maths and it was my worst sub as well :p

spice girl

magic mirror
it's not such a strange phenomenon that ppl tend to prefer getting tutored on their worst subjects.

is a roflcopter
HSC
it is when the strongest subject becomes the weakest after tutoring :D

well thats for me anyway

kingtut

Just curious, how do the "mass" ( as oppose to one-one) coaching schools like North Shore and Prior work? I gather the day's topic would be chosen independent of the current assessment tasks of the students who obviously would come from different schools. How do they do it?

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
yeah, my parents spent like $1500 for maths tutoring- it paid off though- coz it was the only subject that i got band 6 for.

also i went to like 3 classes of english, just bfore the hsc- it helped me heaps got 78 exam mark (whilst my trial mark was 51). :D

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
i have been tutored for maths since i was 11 or something and its only now (yr 12) that the results are starting to show!! (95 on my last assessment) but i have never been tutored for english and dont think its necessary but that just might be coz its hard to find english tutors who dont simply shove pages and pages of useless and irelevant comprehensions and newspaper articles to analyse...

bluesky100

Carly :-)
HSC
I had an Eng tutor last yr - Jun to Nov - came once a week, paid $20 which were Monsiacs (sp?) (tutors on some kind of list at Monash Uni) fees.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)