Money (1 Viewer)

Bootawa_Boy

HSC
I heard thatthe government is bringing out a scheme that if 2 people are studying at Uni they giv you like $80 a fortnight or something if anyone knows plz reply???

Andi0390

HSC
I really don't understand what you mean.

There are thousands of people studying at uni...

Do you mean in a relationship/household/family? I haven't heard of any such thing but I am out of the loop.

Bootawa_Boy

HSC
Well at the end of last year my careers advisor said that the government is bringing in a scheme that if two people from the same family eg me and my brother are studying at uni we are entittled to a bit of money a fortnight just wondering if anyone else had heard anything i looked on the net and did not find anything.

shady145

Banned
HSC
i get a lil somethin somethin every fortnight from the government... i call it youth allowance ^^
they were trying to get equity scholarships valued at 2254/year and relocation allowance of 6000 but it didnt get passed through the senate so that idea has to wait till sometime this year when they re-evaluate it

I have not heard anything about 2 people from the same family going to uni, recieving something from the government because 2 people in their family go to uni... if you are not a centrlink student/receive anything from centrlink i dnt think you would be entitled to this payment anyway... if it did exist

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
I think its the youth allowance sibling thing. Again, its yet to be passed.
yeah it probably is. as part of the overhaul of parental income tests etc etc there are probably concessions for families with more than one child at uni. however, the reforms have not passed the senate (because the coalition and independents have come up with the idea that they disadvantage country students who have to relocate, when in fact they will be gifted thousands of dollars annually) and they might not get through before semester starts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)