More Band 6 Results in Standard English (2 Viewers)

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Congratulations to the following two students - the only ones who performed at a Band 6 level and scored a mark of 90 in Standard English!

Greg Kalogeropoulos of Endeavour Sports High School

Cassandra Paz of Oakhill College Castle Hill

This is an amazing achievement that has only been previously accomplished by one other student in 2003.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Probably award a band 6 for being to spell his own name correctly. Sheesssh. :eek:

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
absolution* said:
Probably award a band 6 for being to spell his own name correctly. Sheesssh. :eek:
Why do you even need to spell your name?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
No.

His work was of a Band 6 standard.

He topped the state because he scored the highest mark. :)

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
AND that his mark was over 90. (Although you implied it, the top of the state is only recognised if he/she scores above 90, in order to filter out the "1 person courses")

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, I remember in 2002 (or 2001?), no one achieved a Band 6 in Standard English, and so there was no Distiguished Achievers list for Standard English that year (ie the Top 20 in course)

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Yeh in 2001 no one did I think. Highest mark was like 85 or something? I felt good getting a 74 and being in the top 10%, lol.

kow_dude

HSC
Damn it... i got 82 in standard English. I stuffed up one of the sections by not writing in speech form, couldve had a chance in getting 90's :mad:... o welz... band 5 is good enough :D

moose87

"iwnf"
HSC
it shits me to think that i worked my ass off to get scaled down to 78 - yet my teacher is still estatic...i dont see why band 6's are so hard to get when i worked harder in standard that i would have in advanced....i would have prefered to jus cruised thro adv and not really understood anything n not give a crap then work so hard to get a band 4....thats my whinge for the day...

theone123

blue essence
HSC
omg, my old school, congrats dude :p

omg ESHS doesnt do well academically :p

and this? :)

theone123

blue essence
HSC
wanton-wonton said:
where the fuck is ESHS.

edit. Oh......okay.
caringbah, opp to caringbah high. hehe but ESHS is a much shitter school, ie. a way lower performing school.

every yr the school gets crap high achievers and now it has changed.

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
moose87 said:
it shits me to think that i worked my ass off to get scaled down to 78 - yet my teacher is still estatic...i dont see why band 6's are so hard to get when i worked harder in standard that i would have in advanced....i would have prefered to jus cruised thro adv and not really understood anything n not give a crap then work so hard to get a band 4....thats my whinge for the day...
It was your choice to do Standard though ...

A l

HSC
N/A
Lazarus said:
Congratulations to Greg Kalogeropoulos of Endeavour Sports High School for being one of the rare few who performed at a Band 6 level and scored 90+ in Standard English!
That guy got band 6 also for:

Business Studies
Chemistry
Mathematics
Mathematics Extension 1
Physics

thats all 11 units! FRREEAAKKK!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)