more than i can chew? (1 Viewer)

gatesey

HSC
I was just about to actually start my major work last thursday (6 canvas paintings/drawings)
but i went to art express and started the hyperventilation process and felt completely lost...
i then left the art gallery with about 5 completely new ideas!
i am now going to make a film but i don't know wether it's too late,
i am going insane!
i know i'm going to put so much more effort into art and drama and completely screw up all my other subjects.
any sugesstions for the best way to go about a video project? or any '100 marks guaranteed' camera techniques? have pretty much finished storyboarding...
and goodluck to everyone else!
hope 2 c u all at art express

tropfest is tonight! YAY... maybe c u there too!

biggie walls

HSC
i sorta had the same thing happen to me when i viewed art express, my suggestion is to just not actually sit down and tell yourself "think about your artwork" but just go about your normal week and you will naturally think about it in small doses, write these thoughts down and then suddenly it will hit you - write out your whole brainstorming process briefly on a sheet of paper from first thought to final concept and you'll be sweet... dont change your original ideas too much though

Hermzie

rarrrrrrrrr
HSC
gatesey said:
I was just about to actually start my major work last thursday (6 canvas paintings/drawings)
but i went to art express and started the hyperventilation process and felt completely lost...
i am going insane!
i know i'm going to put so much more effort into art and drama and completely screw up all my other subjects.
any sugesstions for the best way to go about a video project? or any '100 marks guaranteed' camera techniques? have pretty much finished storyboarding...

I don't think it's too late provided that you start NOW. I'm sure doing a film takes quite awhile, but many people have only just started on thier major works (or are still in the experimental stages) so if you can make a start within the next 2 weeks and then make sure that you can give all your subjects equal treatment, then why not? I've had people from my school in previous years doing their film in the last month and they still managed to get a B. Not recommeneded though, they were emotional wrecks the whole time.

jessky

HSC
oh oh oh i so understand the freakout after seeing artexpress
- it seems like everyone is better than you can ever be, yes?

don't worry, i found that my BOW just naturally and gradually came together,
at the end leaving me thinking, how did i possibly make that?!

Inevitably, by completion date you too will have created something
that the year 11's will be admiring and freaking out over

And once you've been through it,
artexpress 2007 will seem a lot less impressive
which is sad really...

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
gatesey said:
i am going insane!

one word of advice...i assume that when u switched ur medium from painting/drawing to multimedia, that you have changed ur theme and area of focus...? if so, 1) record ur change of plans in ur VAPD and 2) report the change to your teacher, so he/she can do the necessary paperwork so that the BOS (yes, THE BOS) markers will know exactly what ur new theme is.

if not, it is still a good idea to record - in ur VAPD - ur thoughts and reasons behind changing to a different medium.

gatesey

HSC
Thanks for the advice everyone!
it's all going really well and i am glad i switched because ur so much better off doing something you feel really passionate about than just blindly wading ur way through something you no longer have a grip on just because you've already done heaps of work on it.
good luck to you all and i definately recommend keeping ur options open!
xoxo

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
lol fags.

My advise to you guys is just start making shit, it'll turn out good (if you have some skills), but even if you don't you'll still end up with something to hand in for marking. Too many dumbarse hippies in my class 'conceptualised' so much they never got anything done till the last week - and failed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)