Most annoying book of all time (1 Viewer)

B

bekmay

jennieTalia said:
Plays were never meant to be read, they were meant to be performed. If you ever see an actually good production of one, then you will fall in love :) as I did with- A Midsummers Nights Dream and Macbeth (my two favourites)
haha i know, of course they were supposed to be performed but that doesn't take away from the fact that the scripts that we had to read are annoying LOL. i like shakspeare productions, but i wouldn't say i'm in love. =D

jennieTalia

HSC
bekmay said:
haha i know, of course they were supposed to be performed but that doesn't take away from the fact that the scripts that we had to read are annoying LOL. i like shakspeare productions, but i wouldn't say i'm in love. =D
hahahaha :p
Yeah, I guess context has a lot to do with it as well. I mean, the language would have been challenging to the people of the time, and they would have understood and been constantly surrounded by most of the concepts and old english words he uses.

:)

Yeah reading the scripts does sorta blow. (especially in class, with totally bored class mates reading them monotonously with no sense of theatrics)

iMiraj

HSC
The Babysitters CLUB ABSOPOSTIVILUTELY SUCKS XD

OMG my sister just sits there reading them all day o.o

apparently a girl gets kidnapped three times? o_O

Saccharine

bungee-jumping muggle
HSC
bekmay said:
Any script of Shakespeare's, simply because of the fact I have to think too hard to understand what is being said as I read them. Very annoying.
Seconded. No offence to Shakespeare fans [:

sirfeathers

HSC
The very first chapter of the very first Lord of the Rings book. Where Bilbo Baggins lists every single person that went to his eleventy-first birthday and the presents he got from each of them.

And pretty much any of those "history of middle earth" books...oh god. like encyclopedias except untrue

verdades

HSC
Came Back to Show You I Could Fly is pretty terrible.
Most things read for English are terrible.
Dracula is terrible.
And yes, the first half of The Fellowship of the Ring... So much random pointless things happen that just waste time D:

watsthebuzz

HSC
I love Lord of the Rings! However, the Wind in the Willows is another matter. How did it even come to be on the Dymocks Top 101 list?!?!?

verdades

HSC
Oh man, yeah, Wind in the Willows... I never finished that book, even with it being read to me.

And I love Lord of the Rings, just not all that first part xd.

boris

Banned
HSC
If it takes a lot of thought to understand what is being said in a Shakespeare script, then with all due respect, you are a dumb cunt.

philosopher23

HSC
I reckon the most annoying book of all time is probably 'The French Luitenants Woman' by John Fowles. We had to do it for English, and it was the worst 6 hrs of my life...i had to force myself to get through it. Looking back after analysing it a bit, it wasn't as bad as i'd thought at the start but geez!

cookie.banana

Banned
HSC
i think it was... so much to tell you
or one of those john marsden or whatever
it had pen pals and it turned out one was in jail, on the last page it just ended and i threw the book across the room.... i thought someone had ripped the last page out

rokkuguhyo

HSC
Animal Farm.
Probably only because my year 10 class had to read it for English. Books always seem more boring and annoying when they're read for school.

Oh, and Gone With the Wind was pretty annoying too. It was way too descriptive.

live.fast

HSC
N/A
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

Every other Harry Potter book was awesome, seemed realistic (well, realistic enough for a wizarding-trolls-giants-boggarts world).

But Deathly Hallows was filled with so much fricken CLICHE, it made me want to puke. It STANK. It was a GAY MUDDAAA.

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
rokkuguhyo said:
Animal Farm.
Probably only because my year 10 class had to read it for English. Books always seem more boring and annoying when they're read for school.

Oh, and Gone With the Wind was pretty annoying too. It was way too descriptive.
Animal Farm is an amazing novel. Despite the occurrence of where it might have been read, it should always be appreciated for its astounding insights, use of symbolism, various forms of analysis and explanations.

SpoonSamba

HSC
Mrs Dalloway by Virginia Woolf

i just dnt give a fuk about a woman who takes 80pages to buy some flowers

Norcinu

Charliezard
HSC
That overrated book teenaged girls are raving about.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)