Most annoying book of all time (1 Viewer)

2ndbest

Erratic Member
HSC
simplistic said:
science fiction ..
farenhiet 415 did drag on and on

Not all Science Fiction, Terry Pratchett books are the bomb.
I have to say all Harry Potter books bar the first one bore me to tears, but I think the annoying factor comes form the snotty 11 yr old that rave on about the children they are going to have with Daniel Radcliffe

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
jhakka said:
Catch 22 was brilliant. It was definitely tedious, but I loved the cookey conversations. :p

Everything kinda goes pear shaped story-wise in the middle, but the loose threads do get tied up, and the last few chapters become an actual story with an actual ending that makes everything well worth the read.

I would have to disagree. The Axis Trilogy (and The Wayfarer Redemption) certainly weren't her best books (remember that they are her early ones, though), and some bits are frustrating, but I wouldn't put them under most annoying ever. I wouldn't rate them anywhere near as well as I would her Troy Game books, though.
I've just finished reading the Troy Game series. DAMN that was good.

Threshold is my favourite book of all time, but I couldn't tell you why.

J

jhakka

simplistic said:
do wordswroth poems count as books ??:p some are infact ok but other eg the prelude are just :bomb:
The Prelude [almost] made me cry. In English last year I had to choose a week to speak on, and I figured Wordsworth was pretty easy to read. Unfortunately The Prelude is the only damn one that isn't easy AT ALL, and I only read the first part of the Two Part Prelude. Go team.

ellen.louise

HSC
simplistic said:
do wordswroth poems count as books ??:p some are infact ok but other eg the prelude are just :bomb:
Well the prelude is practically novel-length. So yeah. That one counts. I have read 1/4 of it. The only good bit was the fact he used 'voluptuous.'

and I only read the first part of the Two Part Prelude
we only had to read the first part... i think....

nicole21290

HSC
Josie said:
Gatsby was bad, but My Place was worse.
Damn the Smith's Hill text choices.
Damn our school as well then! We did both of them. Fun, fun, fun!!! Gotta agree about My Place being worse - gosh, I usually read books many times (read Pride & Prejudice about 9 times so far) but the third time I read it I got soooo bored, and that rarely happens. My Place annoys me and I can't figure out why. Some of Gatsby was okay but..... There are so many better books to choose from.

nicole21290

HSC
pakigal said:
Bridge to terabithia...and now what are they doing making a movie for it?!?
Yeah - we had to read it in year 7 and I was at the movies the other day and saw the preview. I could not believe my eyes and the sad thing was I could guess what the book was by the first, like, 10 seconds of the preview! grr... teachers need to learn how to pick better books to study!

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
pakigal said:
Bridge to terabithia...and now what are they doing making a movie for it?!?
What? I thought I already watched it in the high school days?? I mean, the one we watched was very similar to the book.

pakigal

HSC
Maybe there's an old movie version of it and they're making a new one. My friend told me that they had to add extra special effects and more scenes in it for the movie cos nothing happens in the book anyway...

zoeanne

HSC
we are getting made to read great expectations for english atm and its totally shit.. its one of the worst books out.. grrr

J

jhakka

Shaman's Crossing and Forest Mage by Robin Hobb have to rank if not as most annoying, then as most disappointing. The main character is incredibly dull, and the entire second book would have been 100-150 pages shorter if there was less "Why me?" and "Now let's recap everything that's happened" and "I DON'T WANT TO DO THIS, BUT I HAVE NO CHOICE, BUT I'M NOT GOING TO DO IT AND LET'S SEE HOW MANY PEOPLE GET HURT BECAUSE OF ME!"

The third book better make the reading worthwhile.

~untitled~

HSC
I didnt mind Rachaels tears, its alright. except its still a pretty dumb thing to do. as for the most annoying book, how could anyone go past the babysitter club books, possible the worst books of all time, disregarding mills and boon (surley they arent classified as books) ofcourse.

Last edited:

RedeemerPapTest

HSC
N/A
Re: Most annoying book of all time is the koran

The islamic holy book the koran is the most annoying book. It has ruined so many freedoms and is an injust and hypocritical piece of shit.

nicole21290

HSC
~untitled~ said:
I didnt mind Rachaels tears, its alright. except its still a pretty dumb thing to do. as for the most annoying book, how could anyone go past the babysitter club books, possible the worst books of all time, disregarding mills and boon (surley they arent classified as books) ofcourse.
*coughcough* I might have read them.... All the ones I could actually. In my defense, I was in yr2. End embarressment/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)