Most annoying book of all time (1 Viewer)

E

Empyrean444

The Shipping News - biggest piece of crap. Stilted and repetitive writing style, boring, mostly noneventful plot - it is unworthy for use as kindling.

E

Empyrean444

Iliad by Homer

Too graphic. Too gory. And it just drags on and on.
Rubbish. The Iliad is one of the greatest books ever written; you really haven't read much literary violence if you think it is too graphic or too gory. Also remember that, as an oral composition (or 'authentic epic'), it is bound to be repetitive from a language point of view. YOu have probably read an inferior translation. If not...

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
The Book Thief
Any of Terry Pratchet's crap.

hi scarlet

HSC
twilight. not only is it the worst shit i've ever read, it's also the only book that people at my school seem to read.
:/

aLexTasyy

HSC
twilight. not only is it the worst shit i've ever read, it's also the only book that people at my school seem to read.
:/
AHAHAHA twilight was alright...ish, only because bella is easy to relate to, but meyers portrayel of vampires is really fucked up, and the subtle hints about fucking religion killed it, and the fact that 27 BILLION people are reading it just pisses me off...

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
Twilight is the rag i wipe my ass with.

E

Empyrean444

Oh, and which translation have YOU read, pray tell?
The Superior one, I presume
The superior translator for the superior author!

E V Rieu (standard Penguin) is good, though he writes in prose. Pope is the best poetic treatment, though it is more of an adaptation than a 'translation'. It is rare to find poetry translations of a high quality.

tinfoilhat

HSC
crime and punishment... but that's purely because of the terrible translation
reading it felt like grating my brain

hopefully one day i'm fluent enough in russian that i won't have it experience it through a terrible translation

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood.

Of all the books I was forced to read in school, this was the only one I hated. All the others in speculative fiction for Extension One were epic though. Just not this feminist pile of shit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)