Most creative way to issue a summons. (1 Viewer)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
So this guy won't pay and when you finally get to him he denies that he is who you say he is, what's the most creative way you guys have heard of/can come up with to deliver a summons? :)

volition

arr.
HSC
"Excuse me sir, I do believe you dropped this.."

Sorry, I'm not very creative :(

wheredanton

Retired
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
So this guy won't pay and when you finally get to him he denies that he is who you say he is, what's the most creative way you guys have heard of/can come up with to deliver a summons? :)
There are rules with personal service. I remember reading a few funny fact situations. Poking it through the closing window of a car speeding away.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Just in case anyone wants to know, the relevant legislative rules for personal service on difficult people:
Uniform Civil Procedure Rules 2005 (NSW) - Regulation 10.21

How personal service effected generally

(1) Personal service of a document on a person is effected by leaving a copy of the document with the person or, if the person does not accept the copy, by putting the copy down in the person’s presence and telling the person the nature of the document.

(2) If, by violence or threat of violence, a person attempting service is prevented from approaching another person for the purpose of delivering a document to the other person, the person attempting service may deliver the document to the other person by leaving it as near as practicable to that other person.

(3) Service in accordance with subrule (2) is taken to constitute personal service.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)