Most expensive P plater car (1 Viewer)

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
It is not mine yet, under mum's name. The Lancer is my one and only. Don't want to transfer plates because I want a unique plate on my Lancer, or a better car if I upgrade.
Lancers are all right, i'm just not a fan of some of the obnoxiously loud cannons on some of them. Any plans on what you were thinking of upgrading to?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
My one and only favourite car since I was 3 years old: R34 Skyline GTR Z-Tune

And yes, mine has 'obnoxiously loud cannons'. Two of them.
Oh, I thought you meant upgrade in the near future lol. Can't drive that on your Ps, and even if you have the money it's not like there is an abundance of Z-Tunes around. It wouldn't be right to daily drive a Z-Tune though, even a normal GTR should probably be more of a weekend car.

Some cannons are ok, but some really annoy me. My SSS has a loud exhaust, but it's for a purpose - it's a performance exhaust and i've even tried to make it quieter. Then you see some lancers, excels and civics with cannons that sound quiet at idle and then very loud (and usually not good) at full throttle - just for the sake of being loud.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Oh, I thought you meant upgrade in the near future lol. Can't drive that on your Ps, and even if you have the money it's not like there is an abundance of Z-Tunes around. It wouldn't be right to daily drive a Z-Tune though, even a normal GTR should probably be more of a weekend car.

Some cannons are ok, but some really annoy me. My SSS has a loud exhaust, but it's for a purpose - it's a performance exhaust and i've even tried to make it quieter. Then you see some lancers, excels and civics with cannons that sound quiet at idle and then very loud (and usually not good) at full throttle - just for the sake of being loud.
Z-Tunes are upwards of 200k, only one in Australia i think.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm a bit over R34s now. They are everywhere on the streets these days (admittedly none of the exotic varieties- only seen a few V-Specs around).

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Z-Tunes are upwards of 200k, only one in Australia i think.
Yeah, didn't think there were many. I think I read something about some guy making a good z-tune replica out of a Nur or N1 - I think that was over here but it may have been in Japan.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I remember the only Z-Tune (at the time at least) made the cover of either Autosalon or Hot 4s back in the day when it reached Australia.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I always found it interesting how people modify cars to look fast whereas when I had my Evo I tried to keep it looking stock to avoid attention!

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
And here I am, sitting on my 80hp/210kmh bike.

:3

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
I always found it interesting how people modify cars to look fast whereas when I had my Evo I tried to keep it looking stock to avoid attention!
Agree. It's pretty awesome driving around in a sleeper ;)

Siddy123

HSC
oh come on brah
u had a stock fd with a mugen kit :p
it's a phase every1 goes through..

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
oh come on brah
u had a stock fd with a mugen kit :p
it's a phase every1 goes through..
Back then it was just for style and not trying to look like anything as Type R/Mugen RR hadn't come out yet :p

I think first mod back then was my sound system/subwoofer lol, then pod filter, then ricey bits :)

Halluci8

HSC
I think someone asked the same question on pplatelegal.com but I cant remember the answer I think something like s2000

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I think someone asked the same question on pplatelegal.com but I cant remember the answer I think something like s2000
I've seen a fair few p platers with 86s or BRZs, and they are close to double the price of an (admittedly used) s2k.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
I've seen a fair few p platers with 86s or BRZs, and they are close to double the price of an (admittedly used) s2k.
Kid at my school just bought an s2k, thinks his king shit and owns the joint when in reality, other kids have new mazda 3's and ve sv6's.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Kid at my school just bought an s2k, thinks his king shit and owns the joint when in reality, other kids have new mazda 3's and ve sv6's.
Haha yeah, i'd take the s2k over a mazda 3 or commodore no questions asked but the new cars are definitely more expensive than an average ap1. The S2000 will probably be worth more in 5 years though lol, there is just not much like it so I doubt they will depreciate much unless some very nice roadsters come out soon.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Haha yeah, i'd take the s2k over a mazda 3 or commodore no questions asked but the new cars are definitely more expensive than an average ap1. The S2000 will probably be worth more in 5 years though lol, there is just not much like it so I doubt they will depreciate much unless some very nice roadsters come out soon.
86 roadster? Saw a photo, s2k looks far better in my opinion.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
86 roadster? Saw a photo, s2k looks far better in my opinion.
Ehhh, i'm not a fan of coupes turned into convertibles. They just don't seem like proper roadsters. The 86 convertible seemed all right but I was thinking something more along the lines of a good MX5 (rotary engined perhaps?), an s2k and/or mr2 succesor.

The worst of all is 4 door sedans turned into convertibles, eww. The French are serial offenders of this.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Ehhh, i'm not a fan of coupes turned into convertibles. They just don't seem like proper roadsters. The 86 convertible seemed all right but I was thinking something more along the lines of a good MX5 (rotary engined perhaps?), an s2k and/or mr2 succesor.

The worst of all is 4 door sedans turned into convertibles, eww. The French are serial offenders of this.
oh god, all the citroen and peugeot's...

Half the intos at school drive 2012+ BMWs.
What school?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)