motivational songs (1 Viewer)

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
this might sound silly, but does anyone have any particular songs they listen to when they're trying to get themselves psyched up to study?? i'm having a problem with motivation at the moment.. i want to really get on a roll and i think this would help :D
any ideas?

lm1122

HSC
Not while im studying, but i have a habit of singing "i will survive" after an exam. Particularly after my Extension French oral! But i have cable internet so i have downloaded heaps of my fave songs and just play them ... but then again im not very motivated ... i just sing along to them ... yeah, maybe dont do that... !!

lm1122

HSC
oooh, or that "eye of the tiger" song. I always feel motivated when i hear that! but maybe not for an exam... have u tried classical? Apparently experts say that helps, or a meditation CD. If ur relaxed, it mught come easier...

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I have a huge library of what you would call "classical" music (ie "serious" or "art" music) and that's my study stuff. I tend to go for the more powerful pieces, like Wagner, Beethoven, Mozart (yes he did powerful), Tchaikowsky etc. Those Germans and Russians. :D

For English I've adopted David Bowie - Changes. Any guesses why? :rolleyes:

hbk_ace

your all F**k Liars
wake me up beofre you go go by wham....lol after a test and i just waked up after fallin asleep during it

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
hero, and i believe i can fly, after watching cosima

lm1122

HSC
Originally posted by Farnarcle
Hey, I've seen that avatar before, lm1122.
Really where? interesting...

Originally posted by iambored
hero, and i believe i can fly, after watching cosima
really? Those songs seem to depress me... dont know why... but then again i never do anything the conventional way...

Leap

free falling
HSC
Motivation Proclamation by Good Charlotte :)
& Its My Life by Bon Jovi

Yami

'I believe I can fly' by R Kelly always gets me up when I think I'm about to fall apart from the stress.

Amish

HSC
N/A
LOTR soundtracks...both really good classical music....nice and soft but yeah gets me in the mood well...mozart as well....there allll good....... owe yes the RnB works too..especially one luther vandross....and old R.Kelly.....nice and smooooooooooooth

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by lm1122
Not while im studying, but i have a habit of singing "i will survive" after an exam. Particularly after my Extension French oral! But i have cable internet so i have downloaded heaps of my fave songs and just play them ... but then again im not very motivated ... i just sing along to them ... yeah, maybe dont do that... !!
the real one or the other

edit: someone posted the link!

Kn1ght_M4r3

Originally posted by lm1122
oooh, or that "eye of the tiger" song. I always feel motivated when i hear that! but maybe not for an exam... have u tried classical? Apparently experts say that helps, or a meditation CD. If ur relaxed, it mught come easier...
thats a song to workout to. eheheheh, like gym workout =D lol. i remember my friend went crazy wen he heard that song. ahhahaah

chippie

Originally posted by ballerinabarbie
hmmm if you are christian - "For the moments I feel faint" by Relient K (awesome awesome band!)

I love this song :) Makes me feel so much better, like, I dunno, more motivated and stuff! Is Good! Also, the song Punk Rawk Show by MXPX, while not being exactly motivational, the song gets me really upbeat and stuff!

tash

lalalala
HSC
ok well this probably won't help you cos you've probably never heard of it before, but it's this mexican song called 'gassenhauer' i think and it's really good when i'm feeling stressed cos it's really nice and happy. otherwise i like to play or listen to stuff i play or have played on the piano- that motivates me quite well, good destresser

Universal

HSC
N/A
After exams i always listened to Bitter Sweet Symphony by the verve, so now i have been listening to it as motivation as it makes me think that it's almost over :)
So sick of the song but.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)