Motivational speakers (1 Viewer)

Kittikhun

HSC
Has anyone had a motivational speaker arrive at their school yet to give a talk? My school has had 2 already, which has seriously hampered on my prelimenary advanced English classes. We have only read one page of The Tempest in 4 weeks and because of this we are seriously, seriously behind. Anyways, out of curiosity, do you guys think that they're good or a waste of time during senior years?

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
Umm be grateful that you actually get motivational speakers ..etc to speak at your school not many schools are as fortunate as yours.

:jaw:

Kittikhun

HSC
I guess so. One sort of does get inspired after listening to a talk.

So I'm assuming that you guys haven't had a talk yet with a motivational speaker?

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
I guess so. One sort of does get inspired after listening to a talk.

So I'm assuming that you guys haven't had a talk yet with a motivational speaker?
But the inspirational/motivational feelings you get are short-lived. :devil:
Soon you'll go back to your own old self..half the time. :jaw:

We haven't had any talks..and the school hasn't told us about any talks that wll be held this year. :(

Kittikhun

HSC
True.

Have you guys ever had a talk before at your school?

Kyuusho

HSC
Yup, but we had one come in last year. It was part of a 'motivation' to continue onto year 11 and 12, i suppose.

mrcalkin

Banned
HSC
my school has some teachers that give motivational speeches. Most are short lived for 1 hour, thne you go back to your old lazy self.

HSC
Personally, motivational speakers do convey inspire. I thik most students get excited and want to do well because of them. However, Most of the time students get over it and forgot them. They arent a waste of time, but if famous people like Ghandi cant change the world, how can a motivational speaker get teenagers to do their work?

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
We had a really nice lady give us a really honest and fairly interesting motivation speech on public speaking and how to improve. It was pretty good.

speedofsound

HSC
We had some Uni kids visit us to talk about study habits and whatnot. That was pretty interesting.

And on Thursday Tim Brunero from Big Brother 2005 is coming to our school to talk to us in relation to our area of study "discovery".

rolror88

HSC
N/A
^@speedofsound; we're doing discovery as well for our AOS.

We had quite a few at my old school. From government workers to policticians/councillors to writers. My most memorable one was from a guy with no legs (His car's numberplate was nolegs). His story quite amazed me and for the next couple of days I couldn't help think about what he had said. He was born about the size of a small bottle, and bullied all his life. People at school played terrible pranks on him, yet he had the adversity and courage to face life. Truly great guy, very funny too. I would have found it quite impossible to live a life like his. I think he won an award for the most inspirational speaker in the Southern Hemisphere or something like that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)