Motorcycle Diaries (1 Viewer)

lana.

VIP Member
HSC
is anyone doing this as related material for peter skrzynecki?
if so, do you have any really good notes or techniques?
ive done a prac essay but im not feeling all that confident in this section.

fozzster22

HSC
ill copy and paste mynotes if you want. tehyre not that good though lol

Motorcycle Diaries

Film adaptation based on the identically titled memoir by the then 23 year old Ernesto Guevara, who would later be known as the iconic Marxist revolutionary “Che” Guevara. In the film, Ernesto and friend, Alberto Granado, journey throughout South America by motorcycle, initially in search of thrills and amusement.

The tone of the film is often detached, and feels quite minimalist. The dialogue is brief, yet intimate and honest. This accentuates a feeling of introspection and personal transformation that the characters, especially Ernesto, are undergoing as they navigate the roads, forests and mountains of South America.

Nature and landscape have a strong influence on the feeling of the film. In one scene, the two friends have scaled a hill overlooking the sprawling city of Lima. On the hill are the ancient ruins of the Incas. Ernesto wonders why such an advanced culture had given way to the polluted, crowded city. This highlights how Ernesto’s ethics and views are changing, through introspection as he observes the world surrounding him. The theme of introspection is revealed by the use of natural elements. Fore example, the weather often illuminates the emotional state of the characters, the trees swaying in the wind suggests calamity and harmony, and the falling rain feels very melancholic and reflective.

As a result of Guevara’s physical journey, he develops a cultured and sophisticated political idealogy of the South America free of colonial exploitation. As he concludes, “Wandering around our America has changed me more than I thought. I am not me any more. At least I’m not the same me I was”

lana.

VIP Member
HSC
thanks heaps hey.

im sure that will help me a bit :)

fozzster22

HSC
yeah I was thinking about finding some more quotes/specific techniques. problem is that my essay is probably long enough already, I don't think I'd have time to write any more than I already do lol. if anyone has anything to add go ahead i'd love to hear it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)