Moulin Rouge Project (1 Viewer)

madirose___

HSC
Hi everyone,
I have just started ext. history and am thinking of ideas for the project. I thought the Moulin Rouge could be an interesting idea as i enjoy it and there are lots of misconceptions about it. I am just worried that there won't be enough information for me to use or that it won't be relevant enough. Here are some ideas to do with it that i thought of it. Please let me know if it's a dumb idea or if there are any better angles i could look at it from. Thanks!:awesome:

1. Misinterpretation of the Moulin Rouge in Baz Luhrmann's film.
2. Henri Toulouse-Lautrec, At the Moulin Rouge painting interpretations
3. secrets or conspiracy's involving the moulin rouge (?)

Frostguard

HSC
If you're interested in the Moulin Rouge, then by all means go ahead and make it your project because a topic with as many misconceptions like the Moulin Rouge is a good topic. Your topic is very debatable so try and clear up the inconsistencies and the misconceptions with your topic and regarding your questions- it's not a dumb idea or irrelevant, as long as you have enough information on both sides to sustain an argument about the Moulin Rouge. Personally I find 1) and 2) a little vague and it might be a little difficult trying to find techniques and interpretations in such unconventional forms, but if you think you have enough points, do it!!! (Be careful though, you don't your history essay to sound like an English essay where you're analysing the texts and looking at visual/film techniques) Your third topic seems very essay like, which is probably what I would do because there's a lot of topics and potential debates and controversy about the moulin rouge and you could search up all over to find such secrets or conspiracies. A question could be ' to what extent is the film Moulin Rouge shrouded in secrecy and conspiracy, ultimately affecting the film's meaning? ' (yolo lol)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)