• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

MOVIE: Closer (1 Viewer)

Darth Figgy

Angel of Music
HSC
I've been listening to 'Come on Closer' by Jem and 'The Blower's Daughter' (the song at the beginning) by Damien Rice since I saw the movie.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Damien Rice is great. :)

Closer. Hmmm. I felt bored, nothing grabbed me. I rate it 3/5 stars.

Amryllis

HSC
Darth Figgy said:
I wasn't bored, but I left the cinema thinking "Was that it?"
I left the cinema thinking that too. The ending sucked. My boyfriend and I agreed that it was inconclusive.

Amryllis

HSC
Asquithian said:
...and then you went home and had hot sweaty sex?
LOL!!! What the....?

More like... We walked to my place and I drove him home afterwards :p

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
i can't really decide how i felt about this movie, but i didn't dislike it. it was... strange. absolutely brilliant acting, though.

loved the cyber-sex part :D:D "i want you to suck me senseless... i'm coming ohoohohohoohohohoohohoho q937r9uso8auwdfaoujfsjifqw#8q4098930q" ROFL.

and the part where the doctor made anna describe sex with jude law... woah. (i can't remember the men's names :p) the doctor's a prick, though a funny one at that.

artfag

Banned
HSC
i can't believe i sat through all of that and i didn't even get to see Natalie Portman's tits. waste of time.

Amryllis

HSC
Bubz, the Doc was called Larry and Jude Law's character was called Dan Wolf.

Yeah... Larry is a prick.

SharkBait

HSC
fascinatin

i suppose it was not really wot i expected but i must admit, i could not stop thinking about the movie afterwards...like, scenes just kept runnin in my mind. personally, i really enjoyed it. it was brutally honest, however, brilliantly acted and portrayed.
natalie portman was amazing but there were seconds where she lost character. clive owen was fabulous...esp when he's mad. julia and jude were both average. btw, for all jude lovers, go see alfie, if ur not a jude lover, then DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT SEE 'AFLIE'. it was pathetic. in my humble opinion. =)
anyways....closer was good, in conclusion. hehe

sharkbait

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Hm.. the problem with the movie was that the characters were total jerks. Brilliantly acted, smart, witty and beautiful jerks, but jerks nonetheless. If you can't handle a movie where the characters are utter bastards, then stay away. Otherwise it's highly enjoyable. If for no other reason than out of morbid fascination as the characters (particularly Clive Owen's character, who was was without a doubt one of the most loathsome I've seen on screen, including Jar Jark Binks) hurt each other. I've read a lot of reviews who've identified Alice (Natalie Portman) as the most sympathetic character. After the ending I really find that hard to understand. Anyway, good movie. I'm expecting Clive Owen to pick up best supporting, although I'd prefer Thomas Haden Church for "Sideways".

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
Closer

Different to what I expected I guess.... I liked it but it was just... a different way of looking at the whole concept....

Last edited:

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
it was okay don't know if i would go see it again though...
jude law made it worth while to watch ;)
it was hard to understand at times
and i didnt like the ending at all
maybe i just didnt get it though :confused:

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
I actually think Dan (Jude Law) was more of a bastard than Larry (Clive Owen). It's just that Larry was more brutal about it, whereas Dan was basically a big pussy. But I don't understand people saying he was creepy, a bastard, no redeeming qualities etc...

The more I think about this movie, the more I like it. At the time I felt... alienated at some points, but really, the bits I felt most alienated by were the bits I related to.

I think some people may have found it hard to bear because it's so centralised. Really, only the four main characters get any dialogue etc etc. There's no escape.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Asquithian again.

ahahah the examples

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
Julia Roberts shouldnt of said anyhting and made Larry feel guilty... I would have left him and that way I could get half his money cos of what he did (dont wanna give it away fro the peeps who havent seen it)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)