Movies about Nazi Germany (1 Viewer)

Black Seed

HSC
N/A
This week is the German film festival week and Valhalla is screening a Nazi related film called NAPOLA.

Germany, 1942. The Hitler regime is at the peak of its political and military power. Seventeen-year-old Friedrich Weimer, from the Berlin working-class district of Wedding, is a gifted boxer. Thanks to his talent, he receives an offer to study at an elite National-Political School, the NAPOLA of Allenstein, which trains the future leaders of the German Reich. Friedrich sees this as the chance of a lifetime to free himself from the restrictions of his class and enrolls in the school, which is located in an old castle, against the will of his parents. There, in a disconcerting world dominated by harsh Nazi discipline, he experiences both fierce rivalry and unexpected camaraderie - until a barbarous raid against escaped prisoners of war and his growing friendship with the quiet and sensitive Albrecht Stein, the son of a high-ranking official, force him to make an important decision, one that will also mark the end of his youth

So, who is going to see it? ($40 per ticket as we speak)

Black Seed

HSC
N/A
I didn't end up seeing the movie but I did see a review mentioning that it's $40 a head. The German Movie Festival ended a few weeks ago.

But wait, there's more!!!!

DOWNFALL

This time, with German actors.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
See Dr Strangelove while you're at it. Not related, but Nazi comedy is uber great.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
when i did MH, my teacher recommended "Twin sisters"...dont know how useful it is. I suspect he only watched it cos he thought the actresses were hot or something....

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
The Pianist was a great film (directed by Roman Polanski).... it was very moving.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Im not sure I liked the Pianist. I dont know. It didnt seem to be saying anything greatly different to, say, Schindler's list, and I dont really like the idea of generic movies of this sort being great commercial successes. (Cha-ching)
It was a little kind to the Germans, perhaps too kind to the Russians, but I couldn't take the long, thoughtful stares into middle distance...too much soap opera.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
liam neeson was in both? whoa, i didnt know that lol

i only know adrien brody and ralph fiennes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)