Moving from english standard to advanced - possible? (1 Viewer)

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
Well, I'm glad I actually asked the english head teacher today whether I could actually move up to advanced english from standard. It seems impossible, since it's half-yearly exam soon, and I'm year 12 already :)

But, the english teachers that I asked did not say it's impossible, and that the head teacher still has to ask the deputy principal. What do you people think? Or are they just getting my hopes up?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
well u'd have to do all the assessments for advanced up and until the half yearlys....

mannnnndy

chocoholic
It is possible cause about 25 ppl did that at my school last year, but like minai said you have to do all the assessments from advanced to catch up

tt_j65

HSC
theres also a lot of paper work to be done to the board of studies (which the teachers hate)

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
Let's say them teachers are attracted to me..

Hope that the related material folder i've done for standard is comparable enough :)

I wouldn't mind doing all the assessment task and crazy catching up tho..

results are tomorrow

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
yeah its possible. a few of my friends have done that, and some have dropped from advanced to standard. i guess it just up to your teachers... hmm.. its prett stressful catching up to all the work... hahah i've seen my friends go through it

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
Well, I guess now I just have to tell my parents about it, and have an interview, as well as signing the form that I understand the school has tried the hardest to prevent me from doing this.

Is moving up a good thing anyways? I know I have the time to catch up. Half yearly is coming soon, and maybe I'll have to prove myself in it, by getting superb results with only 2 weeks to analyse peter skrzynecki stuffs..

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
I didn't think you could move from Standard to Advanced...we were always told that if we wren't sure what course to do-to do the harder one cos you can always drop down but you can't move up.
But if you manage to do it, I don't think it would be all that hard (work-wise).

jessika

law chicky
HSC
Originally posted by underthesun

Is moving up a good thing anyways?
yeah, well if you want to go to uni, it will really help your uai, since english are your only to units that are guaranteed to count. besides I reckon you get to do better electives in advanced, and not to mention you have the pyschological advantage in paper 1 of the hsc, since your in advanced, you should beat the standard people in that paper.

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
It is possible cause about 25 ppl did that at my school last year, but like minai said you have to do all the assessments from advanced to catch up
If I want to move up, my parents need to have an interview with the deputy principal, but my mom works, and my dad is overseas. Is phone call an option? :D just wondering

if you answer yes, then please feel free to sign my guestbook :p

Twintip

A phone call would probably be fine if you explain your circumstances. :) If your school doesn't let you do it, go and complain to the BOS or something. You should be able to do whatever you want and you shouldn't need parental approval or whatever to do it (I could understand them talking to your parents if you were going to drop a subject, but not in this case :confused: ).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)