• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Moving From Y11 Economics to Y12 Economics- Please Help (1 Viewer)

ASDFGHJKL:""

HSC
I am starting Y12 Economics next term. I know that in the HSC, they cannot test what we learnt in the prelim course but I want to know what would be best to study over these holidays to refresh my memory. I have already added:

1) Supply/Demand Curves
2) 5 Sector Model and Info on Injections/Leakages
3) Fiscal Policy + Monetary Policy

Please continue to add to this list 07'ers.

Thanks

williamc

HSC
ASDFGHJKL:"" said:
I am starting Y12 Economics next term. I know that in the HSC, they cannot test what we learnt in the prelim course but I want to know what would be best to study over these holidays to refresh my memory. I have already added:

1) Supply/Demand Curves
2) 5 Sector Model and Info on Injections/Leakages
3) Fiscal Policy + Monetary Policy

Please continue to add to this list 07'ers.

Thanks
i seriously hope you are joking, mate in take it easy, last holidays of non year 12, and even then you really dont need to be going hard out in the holidays until term 2 holidays.

But if you really want to.

Study fiscal and monetary policy, breif skim over 5 sector, if you dont understand demand and supply curves by now, you should really consdier whether economics is for you.

Sh4DoW

Finance Jock
HSC
Hmm, I wouldn't really worry that much about 'studying' over the two week break. It will really be the last proper one you get (apart from 'most' of the summer break), so by all means make the most of it!

Given that, if you understand the prelim course and get your head around that stuff and really actually wanna get ahead etc, ask your teacher what topic you're studying first.. probably The Global Economy.. and just do some research on economic indicators for an economy other than Australia. But really, I wouldn't be worrying about it too much!

There's really no need to worry that much, your teacher will more than likely go over the basics to refresh your memory when you get to what's relevant from the prelim course.

cs01001

HSC
Don't tell me you gotta learn those APRA, ASIC things please.. :(

williams180

HSC
yeh please dont do anything u will just burn ureself out to early dw u got like a whole year to learn the stuff and that yr 11 stuff is ridiculously basic and so is the hsc oourse for that matter but u do monetary and fiscal again anyways

Conspirocy

HSC
how about insteady of doing the prelim stuff just start making notes on your textbook for yr 12 - you could knock that off in a month of the holidays if you really wanted to.

Otherwise if you really want to revise year 11 stuff your wasting your time with what you said, I would go:

1) labour markets (which is supply and demand but just learn it in the context of labour) - also all those unemployment statistics etc etc
2) Monetary and fiscal policy

That's pretty much what gets repeated from prelim course in hsc from memory

I still think you are better off getting a head start on year 12 work if you are that bothered.

kym999

HSC
Yeh everything everyone before me has said is 100% right.

Altho, the prelim course is not examinable as you said, but it is assumed knowledge. Therefore, they can still ask questions about it, as long as it is related to the HSC course, so you cant just forget it all!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)