Votes: 23 45.1%

• Total voters

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by flyin'

thats crazy ... :D
where is it ...
and is there alot of spam there ...
It's a site for fans of The Corrs, but the most interesting discussions occur in the off topic forum :D. Then there are chat topics for various subcults of the Corrs ;) :D. Lots of fun if you're a fan.

OOT - I don't understand why people find dorm life soooooo exciting. Apart from the fact that your parents aren't around, what is so good about it?? (if that's it, please excuse me ;) )

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
Originally posted by kini mini

It's a site for fans of The Corrs, but the most interesting discussions occur in the off topic forum :D. Then there are chat topics for various subcults of the Corrs ;) :D. Lots of fun if you're a fan.

OOT - I don't understand why people find dorm life soooooo exciting. Apart from the fact that your parents aren't around, what is so good about it?? (if that's it, please excuse me ;) )
'American popular culture, via the 'teen flick', has created this mythological place where young people revel in there frivolous youth, bond together and challenge the constraints of a 'square' establishement'

LOL nah just joking. . .i guess its the independence, the feeling that you're on your own!!! That's about it really!!!:cool:

SkAnDi

HSC
I might move out.. depending if i can support a part time job and uni studying.

Anyone looking for a room mate?

Someone who doens't mind a semi-geek, but also occaisonaly testing of the bed springs next door?

I'm willing to cook, but not wash up, nor clean the toilets :D

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A

whats the site ... tell me ...:) ... thanks ...

bex

HSC
Yeah im moving out! For location reasons.. i dont think its wise to commute 3hrs each way per day... Im living in Towers on the CSU Bathurst campus.. the rooms are so so so so small but still..
I cant wait!!

Crazy

likewise...for location reasons

couldnt possibly travel 8 hours to uni and 8 hours home

soooo im staying on campus

bex i think the rooms are pretty small everwhere at every uni

the towers reminded me of jail..haha which is why i put them as my 3rd preference, although im sure the pppls living there will have some huuuges parties (btw..you have to invite me!!)

catered premium cottages had the biggest rooms which is why i went for them!

soo looking forward to it!!!

:D :D

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC

i'm definitely moving out by second year uni (2004). i'm doing part time uni from next year onwards (cos i can, and if i do part time uni it's the same amount of time as full time uni... don't ask... long n complicated story..)

i'm gonna work my ass off this year, as in job-wise, make a bunch of money for the start-up to move out next year, then hopefully i'll be in an architecture firm working part-time and will be all moved-out and stuff.

i have 7000 dollars right now. i reckon that's pretty good so far ( i only started saving about half a year ago... and i like to spend money.... lots....)

and i'm gonna go find roomies and find a share apartment, cos it sux ass to live on campus accomodation cos it's like costly and dodgy and not as much freedom... now i gotta find people who wanna move in with me... all my friends wanna stay at home though!! silly people..

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Living in college would be so much better than living off-campus, u don't have to cook, worry about paying rent, crappy flatmates, electricity bills, don't have to travel.

Maybe living in college is slightly more expensive, but it works out roughly the same.

jesster

Oi! I'm going to ANU and living on-campus....woohoo! Can't wait! I'm living at Ursula College. Is ne1 else living on campus at ANU? Ne1 living at Ursula? Or am I the only 1? lol :confused:

Is ne1 concerned about getting used to campus living? I'm an only child and I come from a small country town and I'm worried I'll find it difficult living with like 200 people! Haha! I'll be right........I think......I'll have to be! :p I think the shared facilities is the worst part......but at least at Ursies they're male/female!:cool:

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by jesster
Oi! I'm going to ANU and living on-campus....woohoo! Can't wait! I'm living at Ursula College. Is ne1 else living on campus at ANU? Ne1 living at Ursula? Or am I the only 1? lol :confused:

Is ne1 concerned about getting used to campus living? I'm an only child and I come from a small country town and I'm worried I'll find it difficult living with like 200 people! Haha! I'll be right........I think......I'll have to be! :p I think the shared facilities is the worst part......but at least at Ursies they're male/female!:cool:
Yes I'm a little concerned about campus living but I think you will get used to it. i.e. sharing shower and toilet facilities, eating together etc.

I guess the fact that the college (has 230+ people ) that I'm staying at has both guys and girls compensates for it :D

bex

HSC
my accomodation is guys and girls as well.. im a lil wary bout the showers and toilets... im not a big fan of sharing them!!

hgpstar

i am, like a few others, forced to move out by a nice 6 hour drive between home and usyd, but im heeps excited about it! im not goin for a college tho, im moving into a shared apartment owned by the uni...anyone else at SUV??? at least its not scummy...it's brand new. plus, you gotta be impressed by student accom that has granite benchtops! :p

Last edited:

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
Originally posted by hgpstar
i am, like a few others, forced to move out by a nice 6 hour drive between home and usyd, but im heeps excited about it! im not goin for a college tho, im moving into a shared apartment owned by the uni...anyone else at SUV??? at least its not scummy...it's brand new. plus, you gotta be impressed by student accom that has granite benchtops! :p
granite benchtops?? w00t

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by t-i-m-m-y

same here

what uni?
UNSW

hgpstar i am, like a few others, forced to move out by a nice 6 hour drive between home and usyd, but im heeps excited about it! im not goin for a college tho, im moving into a shared apartment owned by the uni...anyone else at SUV??? at least its not scummy...it's brand new. plus, you gotta be impressed by student accom that has granite benchtops! :p
Wow...that's pretty good for student accom! :eek:

Do you have to pay utilities etc or does the uni subsidise it?

t-i-m-m-y

HSC

UNSW

Wow...that's pretty good for student accom! :eek:

Do you have to pay utilities etc or does the uni subsidise it?
yeah i live near unsw too

jessika

law chicky
HSC
Originally posted by Ultimate
Living in college would be so much better than living off-campus, u don't have to cook, worry about paying rent, crappy flatmates, electricity bills, don't have to travel.

Maybe living in college is slightly more expensive, but it works out roughly the same.
what about the people stuck on campus who dont get food.

and you could be stuck with crap roomates, even if they go to uni.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)