MQ Arts/ Commerce to Usyd Arts or Arts/ Commerce (1 Viewer)

seefred

HSC
I've applied through UAC to transfer to Arts or Arts/ Commerce at Sydney Uni. It states on the Usyd website "Your university results will only be considered if you have completed at least one full-time year or equivalent a single university course.", however I failed 1 unit first semester and have repeated in the second semester, which means I would have only completed 7 seperate unit of study this year, does this rule me out from being eligible to transfer? My GPA is 2.75/4 from first semester but I'm hoping to bump that up to a 3/4 after second semester, Im also wondering what kind of marks I would need to transfer into Usyd arts or comm/ arts, my atar was an 80.4.

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad
You will be eligble to transfer based on your current university marks. You've attemped a total of 8 units (48 units of credit) this year I assume, it will be counted - including the unit you didn't pass in first semester.

I'm not sure about the marks needing to transfer to BA or BA/BComm - at least a Credit average I think, Distinction to be safe.

quick_throwaway

HSC
I've applied through UAC to transfer to Arts or Arts/ Commerce at Sydney Uni. It states on the Usyd website "Your university results will only be considered if you have completed at least one full-time year or equivalent a single university course.", however I failed 1 unit first semester and have repeated in the second semester, which means I would have only completed 7 seperate unit of study this year, does this rule me out from being eligible to transfer? My GPA is 2.75/4 from first semester but I'm hoping to bump that up to a 3/4 after second semester, Im also wondering what kind of marks I would need to transfer into Usyd arts or comm/ arts, my atar was an 80.4.
I got some bad news for you, my friend is in a very similar situation as you, attempted four subjects this year each semester, but failed one at the end of semester 2. She wants to transfer to USYD too.

On UAC's University of Sydney page, they say directly you need 48 credit points (8 subjects passed) to be considered with uni results. You don't have that, as doesnt my friend, because in her case, she failed one subject, and therefore, she didn't gain any credit points for the subject, while in your case, you didn't do 8 subjects anyway and don't have 48 credits points. Instead, now, you'll be assessed on the qualification you used to get into MQ.

It's grossly unfair as it says on USYDs website "full time" study of one year, without the 48 credit points, making it quite vague. My friend only found out after reading it on UAC + calling the uni directly.

Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)