MQ Chatter Thread (2 Viewers)

HSC
N/A
How's uni going for everyone? Coping okay?
I got some free advice for future students : don't ask to do an extra unit based on your past performance. I got 5 finals coming up and the workload is stressing; its been the first time since 1st yr i'm anxious about exams instead of enjoying the content. And in the end, its made me decide to drop units next semester and finish next year anyway, so ... feels like a stupid experiment on my part.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Anyone have insight into AFAS200 vs MKTG127? Need to pick a people or planet elective, I want the WAM booster one

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Anyone have insight into AFAS200 vs MKTG127? Need to pick a people or planet elective, I want the WAM booster one
For you both are probably "WAM boosters".

AFAS200 is meant to be incredibly easy for pretty much anyone to pass and do well.

Heard MKTG127 has a lot of actuarial students taking it so has a relativelly high proportion of HDs. Did a similar subject (that if you do it means you can't do mktg127) but it was fairly boring although possible to do decently. I also know of people who struggled with mktg127 but haven't heard anything negative about AFAS200.

You'll need to have a certain amount of credit points 200 level and above, so probably would suggest you do AFAS200 if I were in your position.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
I got some free advice for future students : don't ask to do an extra unit based on your past performance. I got 5 finals coming up and the workload is stressing; its been the first time since 1st yr i'm anxious about exams instead of enjoying the content. And in the end, its made me decide to drop units next semester and finish next year anyway, so ... feels like a stupid experiment on my part.
Or maybe not take subjects that will leave you with 5 exams? Some 5 subject combo's aren't to bad assessment/work load wise.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Hopefully it's good like 4/5 or 5/5 no clue how they're marking it... and I need good marks for the report too to make up for the narrative interview assignment haha
I'm hoping it some of the marks that are "throw away" kinda like participation so they'll reward us for any effort.

Good point is it means no homework/tutorial work this week so can chill in class :)

BenHowe

HSC
Uni Grad
do the philosophy and thinking 1 i think it's called phl137 all mcq and then a final hand in essay. 127 has a lot of work and an essay component in the final exams and in assignments. 200 used to be a throw away when it was all mcq, howver this year there is a new unit convenor and it's all essays

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
I learned that I am definitely not a law person. BUSL251 is interesting but some concepts can be hard to grasp, and have to learn that you have to write down what cases/sections are used. After that it's easy to refer and generally understand the content.

Applied for PACE, still waiting for the interview. Thinking about what I should do next sem already, seems like I'll do ECON204 and AFIN250 at the least.

How were these units for those that are doing it this sem? Any other opinions on units?

@BenHowe are you talking about AFAS200 or PHL200?

Also thinking about doing 3 units next sem not including the PACE unit.

BenHowe

HSC
Uni Grad
nah ima do phl137 in s3 tho. It's external, how awesome is that! Im doing 250 this sem and will be doing 204 next sem. 250 is okay but its just another unit where u do the routine: lecture,textbook,tut q repeat and it sucks in that regard. It's also v basic and not rigorous in the slightest. Like you never prove anything just memorise stuff and understand how to tweak it slightly. In regards to 204 ive heard its v easy and ik 1 guy who got 99 in it lmao

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
I learned that I am definitely not a law person. BUSL251 is interesting but some concepts can be hard to grasp, and have to learn that you have to write down what cases/sections are used. After that it's easy to refer and generally understand the content.

Applied for PACE, still waiting for the interview. Thinking about what I should do next sem already, seems like I'll do ECON204 and AFIN250 at the least.

How were these units for those that are doing it this sem? Any other opinions on units?

@BenHowe are you talking about AFAS200 or PHL200?
Also thinking about doing 3 units next sem not including the PACE unit.
I mean BUSL251 used to be two units so its understandable you were struggling.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Also can anyone log into estudent, it doesn't appear to be working for me at the moment.

BenHowe

HSC
Uni Grad
all my actuarial exemption subjects, but 1 in particular. Like if you use a symbol without defining it you lose a mark lol. Use any spurious accuracy you also lose a mark lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)