MQ Chatter Thread (2 Viewers)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Does anyone know if you can watch an "live" lecture at home if you haven't enrolled to do so?

HSC
N/A
Yep you can, just click on the echo or whatever link is in iLearn just before its about to go 'live' - or anytime while lecture in progress.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Currently falling asleep doing this tutorial paper assignment... and am not use to doing footnoting so it will be interesting when I get round to doing that stage :/

LightOfTheSeven

HSC
I'm actually enjoying this semester so far.

Doing a PACE unit. Alright, but I wish there was more guidance. Lots of essay writing for other units, but I got 90/100 for one of my history assignments (shame its only worth 5%) but if I keep it up, I can get that HD I want :)

What's great about my English units is the friendly cohort. There's alot of bright, passionate people in this department. Makes for an interesting learning experience. With Modern History / Politics / IR, it's a competition of who 'holds the best opinions'. Gets old quickly. Luckily, my lecturer always promotes healthy conversation and listening to other viewpoints.

I like learning from my peers, and I've found in my English units the students have very interesting and unique things to say. I know the psychology department is cutthroat and competitive, but that doesn't reflect the whole university. We are very 'chill' people, I find.

Anyway got books to read! :read:

Footnotes are a drag, and def set aside time to do them right. But it's achievable to have good footnotes!

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm actually enjoying this semester so far.

Doing a PACE unit. Alright, but I wish there was more guidance. Lots of essay writing for other units, but I got 90/100 for one of my history assignments (shame its only worth 5%) but if I keep it up, I can get that HD I want :)

What's great about my English units is the friendly cohort. There's alot of bright, passionate people in this department. Makes for an interesting learning experience. With Modern History / Politics / IR, it's a competition of who 'holds the best opinions'. Gets old quickly. Luckily, my lecturer always promotes healthy conversation and listening to other viewpoints.

I like learning from my peers, and I've found in my English units the students have very interesting and unique things to say. I know the psychology department is cutthroat and competitive, but that doesn't reflect the whole university. We are very 'chill' people, I find.

Anyway got books to read! :read:

Footnotes are a drag, and def set aside time to do them right. But it's achievable to have good footnotes!
Still not decided if it is worth it doing footnotes :p

Which books do you get to read?

LightOfTheSeven

HSC
Still not decided if it is worth it doing footnotes :p

Which books do you get to read?
Well, I've been reading The English Patient & The Book Thief. Still need to start Possession (by A.S. Byatt). Got an assignment due on that book on Father's Day! Heard its a really dry book that takes multiple installments to read. :(

Footnotes tend to be worth it, even if done poorly in my experience. Good luck!

To those who are interested, the handbook for 2019 has been released :) Check what units you can do!

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
2 Weeks until the break!

Hows everyone coping with Midsemester tests and assignments?

LightOfTheSeven

HSC
2 Weeks until the break!

Hows everyone coping with Midsemester tests and assignments?
I need this break :( I've got a book review due tonight, an assignment due next week, so much weekly reading I haven't done and I'm just zonked. Oh, and my PACE subjet is boring me and I have no motivation

:chainsaw2:

I'm being melodramatic, probably. I just need this break!

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
I need this break :( I've got a book review due tonight, an assignment due next week, so much weekly reading I haven't done and I'm just zonked. Oh, and my PACE subjet is boring me and I have no motivation

:chainsaw2:

I'm being melodramatic, probably. I just need this break!
As for me I've pretty much completed my "big" assignment due this week just reference check then submit it. I then have to do a 2.5k word thingo :/ but then I'll be free!

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
I think MQ are getting rid of People / Planet units??? I mean look at the requirements of 2019 degrees...
Given this new development, I would recommend that you do your people and planet units ASAP if you are currently enrolled at Macquarie University.
Changing handbooks (especially for proffessional accounting if you want to do your CA) can really stuff you up longer term.

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
Given this new development, I would recommend that you do your people and planet units ASAP if you are currently enrolled at Macquarie University.
Changing handbooks (especially for proffessional accounting if you want to do your CA) can really stuff you up longer term.
I dropped a planet unit this sem without knowledge of this. They wouldn't drop the units right away right?

Can you elaborate on the CA handbook issue?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)