MQ Chatter Thread (2 Viewers)

naman19xx

HSC
Does anyone know we are allowed to select units for our course on estudent? I got early entry and i've filled out my HECS-HELP etc and i'm just waiting to select my units

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Does anyone know we are allowed to select units for our course on estudent? I got early entry and i've filled out my HECS-HELP etc and i'm just waiting to select my units
Firstly welcome to Macquarie! What degree/major are you doing?

Last year enrollment into subjects didn't fully open until
Session 1 20198am on 5 December 2018

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Firstly welcome to Macquarie! What degree/major are you doing?

Last year enrollment into subjects didn't fully open until
Session 1 20198am on 5 December 2018
So you are unlikely to be able to make any subject selections until around then. I suggest waiting until you finish HSC, and then planning your units that you will undertake during year degree.

SM2001

HSC
N/A
hi guys.

does anyone know the quality of secondary education/arts at mq? is it better to go to usyd? I'm debating between staying at mq or transferring to usyd for my teaching degree.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
hi guys.

does anyone know the quality of secondary education/arts at mq? is it better to go to usyd? I'm debating between staying at mq or transferring to usyd for my teaching degree.
What's your arts/education major?

SM2001

HSC
N/A
What's your arts/education major?
sorry for the late reply!

i am majoring in English for my degree, do you have any experience or heard anything about the quality of how they teach english over there?

Anthel

HSC
N/A
So how did people go for their Uni results this semester?
Not bad at all really, kinda took a little easy 1 Pass 2 Credits 1 D. Im looking forward to my final year tho this year. MQ2020 screwed a lot of people. Honestly you should be glad you finished when you did BLIT :haha::haha:

This first sem though im doing:
ACCG301 (now ACCG3001)
ACCG308 (now ACCG3008)
AFIN253 (now AFIN2053)
POL270 (now POIR2070)

Last edited:

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Not bad at all really, kinda took a little easy 1 Pass 2 Credits 1 D. Im looking forward to my final year tho this year. MQ2020 screwed a lot of people. Honestly you should be glad you finished when you did BLIT :haha::haha:

This first sem though im doing:
ACCG301 (now ACCG3001)
ACCG308 (now ACCG3008)
AFIN253 (now AFIN2053)
POL270 (now POIR2070)
Some of my mates finished at the end of 2019. Heard it is a real clusterfuck at the moment.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
I'd recommend you go to lectures if its still Damian for AFIN253, he doesn't record everything.

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
So how did people go for their Uni results this semester?
Better late than never.

I started my Juris Doctor last semester and did:

- LAW600 - Foundations (Passed)
- LAW802 - Crime (70)
- LAW803 - Contracts (76)

Mediocre marks but decent given I was working 12+ hour days during the semester and decided I would do FIN for CA at the same time (which I found really hard). Yeah, that was not a smart move.

I genuinely thought I was going to fail FIN. Thank God I did not. Got 73 and I am not sure how that happened. Anyway, I have Capstone and then I'm done!

This semester I am doing:

- CA Capstone
- First unit of the ARITA Advanced Certification (short course through UTS for work)
- Property Law for my JD

I think I have really come to terms with being a super mediocre student. I love working way too much to ever focus purely on studying (plus I am a procrastinator from way back, so better than I am busy) and I am notorious for spreading myself too thin anyway! I think this semester will be fine - the units I am seen OK and there is no doubt as to whether or not I will pass - moreso, by how much.

How is everyone doing anyway?

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Better late than never.

- LAW802 - Crime (70)

Mediocre marks but decent given I was working 12+ hour days during the semester and decided I would do FIN for CA at the same time (which I found really hard). Yeah, that was not a smart move.

I genuinely thought I was going to fail FIN. Thank God I did not. Got 73 and I am not sure how that happened. Anyway, I have Capstone and then I'm done!

- CA Capstone
- First unit of the ARITA Advanced Certification (short course through UTS for work)
- Property Law for my JD

I think I have really come to terms with being a super mediocre student. I love working way too much to ever focus purely on studying (plus I am a procrastinator from way back, so better than I am busy) and I am notorious for spreading myself too thin anyway! I think this semester will be fine - the units I am seen OK and there is no doubt as to whether or not I will pass - moreso, by how much.

Hmm I think we might have a different definition of mediocre! Given you are working full time and doing Uni/CA on top and still passing doing/well.

I”m doing alright. Currently surviving audit busy season. Should be starting CA next trimester :)

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad

Summer Internships are opening soon!

Anthel

HSC
N/A
Better late than never.

- LAW802 - Crime (70)

- CA Capstone
- Property Law for my JD

Honestly though, thats pretty amazing. At least you've gotten this far. At the rate im going I might be an eternal undergrad before I even think of doing my CA sometime in the future :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)