MQ Chatter Thread (2 Viewers)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
They're both due at 5pm tomorrow!

And yes, it is ACCG224 that i haven't done!

BRING ON THE CONFETTI!
I finished around 2am this morning. Still have to submit.Was such a fun way to spend a Monday night and Tuesday morning ;)

Probably answered it partially wrong but its done so who cares ;)

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm almost done, just horrendously over the word limit :(

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
Managed to get under the word limit. If they count my in text citations though I've got a problem.

Sadly did poorly in the mid sem test. Mind you, I didn't study because of other assignments and completely blanked on the tax questions, so I did better than I expected in that regard.

I completely freKed out at my participation mark though. Until I remembered it's half way through tge semester so I've only gotten half my mark!

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
Ahhhh actually did my accounting homework before my tute and finished it completely.

Leases aren't so bad after all.

Random question; Have any of you applied for disruption to studies for a job interview? I've got an internship interview next Wednesday that clashes with my tute (that has randomly collected assessed coursework). I'm going to talk to my tutor about it today, but I just wanted to know if anyone has had a similar experience.

I also might have an interview coming up in Melbourne. I'm sincerely hoping its not on a Wednesday or Thursday so I can actually go :lol:

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
Ahhhh actually did my accounting homework before my tute and finished it completely.

Leases aren't so bad after all.

Random question; Have any of you applied for disruption to studies for a job interview? I've got an internship interview next Wednesday that clashes with my tute (that has randomly collected assessed coursework). I'm going to talk to my tutor about it today, but I just wanted to know if anyone has had a similar experience.

I also might have an interview coming up in Melbourne. I'm sincerely hoping its not on a Wednesday or Thursday so I can actually go :lol:
I haven't ever put in a disruption of studies app [emoji51]

I would think that a job interview / internship interview wouldn't be a grounds but I could be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
Spoke to my tutor (also the lecturer and UC) and he told me to apply for disruption to studies. And if its rejected, to email him :lol:

So apparently that's what to do, though I assume it would vary between units.

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
So a quick update, my DTS was accepted within an hour.

I'd assume that the actual unit and assessment may vary outcomes, but should anyone find themselves in a similar position, now you know! :)

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC

I'd assume that the actual unit and assessment may vary outcomes, but should anyone find themselves in a similar position, now you know! :)
What the actual...

That's a legit reason? (Not to sound rude) but damn...

Ps good luck with the interview! Hope you get it!

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad

Good luck with the interview!

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
What the actual...

That's a legit reason? (Not to sound rude) but damn...

Ps good luck with the interview! Hope you get it!

Some of the units are actually really nice and lenient

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
I think honestly I got lucky with this unit. Ever had guest speakers come and talk about interviews and applying for jobs as graduates, so it would be pretty shit if we were never able to go to interviews or assessment centres because of class.

Alsothe assessment task I'm missing is only worth about 3% overall, and because it's randomly collected I may not even be affected.

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
On another note I've completely stuffed up my degree structure so this may not matter anyway.

Why am I so incapable of university and adulting

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
On another note I've completely stuffed up my degree structure so this may not matter anyway.

Why am I so incapable of university and adulting
Same I did my units in a random weird order and have changed my degree three times so now I struggle to meet the pre reqs for some of my units [emoji17]

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
Oh it not even a pre few issue.

It's like a balance of credit points that literally went mentioned anywhere, with a few minimum credit points designated a certain faculty issue.

FML seriously how is this so fucked up for me. I am not mentally or financially ready for another year of uni. Plus it's going to ruin my internship odds.

I'm going to be one of those 30 year old with no job, no degree, no life. FML

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
Oh it not even a pre few issue.

It's like a balance of credit points that literally went mentioned anywhere, with a few minimum credit points designated a certain faculty issue.

FML seriously how is this so fucked up for me. I am not mentally or financially ready for another year of uni. Plus it's going to ruin my internship odds.

I'm going to be one of those 30 year old with no job, no degree, no life. FML
I feel like I should go to an academic advisor at some point and figure out a workable structure.

You'll have a job but might be stuck for a bit until you finish.

Dw, I'm in the same sinking boat.

At the moment I'm trying to focus staying at one place of employment until I finish Uni. Hoping that by the time I have 5+ years in my industry, my lack of degree won't hinder me too much - then again, CA/CPA.. And ARITA.

So much education [emoji23]

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
I already went an spoke to the advisers at BESS. Because I'm in two faculties though it was slightly limited.

It appears my estudent isn't working properly, because I have no options for electives. So I never picked up on the fact I was short on units because I figured no options means I met my requirements.

I'm seriously considering dropping to one degree now though. I don't even want to be an accountant!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)