MQ Chatter Thread (2 Viewers)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks for the heads up. They aren't up yet. I ended up putting two of my tuts on a separate day and see how I go. If I can cope for the first half-semester I'll switch over.
Pretty sure if you search timetable 2017 mq then click on one of the links if you search ACCG100 or whatever they tell you pal,tutorial and lecture times for session 1.If you can't find it tell me which subjects you would like to know and I can have a look for you.

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
Pretty sure if you search timetable 2017 mq then click on one of the links if you search ACCG100 or whatever they tell you pal,tutorial and lecture times for session 1.If you can't find it tell me which subjects you would like to know and I can have a look for you.
Found it. Shame they're not listed on the main timetable app. Wish there was a bojangles for MQ.

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
1. Are PAL classes weekly?

2. Do they generally serve the same function as tutorials and revise last weeks content?

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
1. Are PAL classes weekly?

2. Do they generally serve the same function as tutorials and revise last weeks content?
1. Yes. The generally commence in week 2 or 3 and cover the previous weeks content. In the final weeks there is more focus on revision and exam preparation.

2. In my opinion, tutorials don't "revise" the content in the same way PAL does. Ive had tutorials (especially in 100 level subjects) were all that is done was going through homework questions and assesments. If you do your homework, it's really just an opportunity to check your answers and working. Occasionally tutors will have discussion or revision of topics, but it's very dependent on the tutor and time available that week.

PAL generally revises the theory and goes through additional questions in the spot to help you. If your struggling, it's a good way to get help. If your not struggling, extra questions and solutions and revision are just there to help you get stronger results. PAL isn't so much to teach you, but to make sure your going to get the best results possible by enhancing your knowledge.

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
UTS did not credit business org for applied company law and i dont get it cos the info learned substantially overlaps and ive been able to teach my bf applird company law based on what i learned in Bus orgs

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
No way! Did they have the unit guides/assesment tasks etc? Is it equivalent to 200 level?

I remember when I transferred I'd done business law, but because it was 100 level at my previous University they wouldn't credit it. The content was identical. Even the assesments we're almost the same!

crazy_paki123

HSC
For the new students at MQ, from my experience, most of the first year subjects are piss easy. ACST101 theyve made easier compared to when I did it cause no more David Westcott, STAT170 i didnt do anything but still got a D lol, Mktg101 and BBA are bs'ing units, econ111 easy. i did isys100 in 1st year too, easy. Funnily enough the only real uunits that i didnt do too well were the accounting ones, especially accounting 101. I didnt like Econ110 either, it didnt make sense to me half the time plus my tutor was shit. But yeah do ur hw in ur 1st year and ull get easy marks. 2nd and 3rd year are more challenging but yeah make the most of 1st year. my 2 cents

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
Okay okay so I promise I'm going to organise the meet(s?) This weekend

One post work in the cbd type, and one on campus at the start of semester.

If you people could let me know what dates do and don't work for you (ie. none of us are on campus on Monday so no Monday meet), or have any ideas for the city meet that would be wonderful.

But this weekend I promise I'll get the ball rolling!

BenHowe

HSC
Uni Grad
2 questions.

1. Anyone doing applied finance or actuarial studies and can give me any tips/tricks/advice?
2. What prep should I be doing for actuarial studies i.e. revising y12 maths + matrix course on Khan Academy etc

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC

If you people could let me know what dates do and don't work for you (ie. none of us are on campus on Monday so no Monday meet), or have any ideas for the city meet that would be wonderful.

After work, any day should work.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad

On Campus Monday, and Wednesday work well and I'll probably be coming in on Thursday mid to late afternoon as well.

BenHowe

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah I have a 3 hour gap (1-4pm) so Im sure we could do something

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
Okay as for the off campus meet up, this one might be more 18+ depending on where we end up :lol:

Since InsoulvencyReaper and I both work around Wynyard, I've been hunting around this area for food and drinks that won't break the bank, but will be delicious when we rant about how we're never going to finish uni (others welcome to gloat about how they've finished, we don't discriminate!) Aiming for something more casual for this occasion :)

Options Options Options!

Mr Wongs: Modern Cantonese/Dim Sum - Bit pricer but I've heard good things.

Tapavino: Tapas (Little plates of food you share) - Can get pricey depending on what you order

Verandah Bar: More of a casual/pub feel: Has different specials daily (ie. Steak, Schnitzel for $14). Probably the most affordable of the 3

I was thinking if we do a Thursday or a Friday night that would work for most people? We could probably book depending on how many of us there is. Not sure what time you all get off work and can get to these places, so let me know!

Again, anybody is welcome to attend (past or present!), but this will probably be 18+ due to the fact we're not your parents and can't smuggle you in :(

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
Edit: Off Campus meet also could totally be "networking" and i'm adding you all on linkedin afterwards :awesome:

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
Okay as for the off campus meet up, this one might be more 18+ depending on where we end up [emoji38]

Since InsoulvencyReaper and I both work around Wynyard, I've been hunting around this area for food and drinks that won't break the bank, but will be delicious when we rant about how we're never going to finish uni (others welcome to gloat about how they've finished, we don't discriminate!) Aiming for something more casual for this occasion :)

Options Options Options!

Mr Wongs: Modern Cantonese/Dim Sum - Bit pricer but I've heard good things.

Tapavino: Tapas (Little plates of food you share) - Can get pricey depending on what you order

Verandah Bar: More of a casual/pub feel: Has different specials daily (ie. Steak, Schnitzel for $14). Probably the most affordable of the 3

I was thinking if we do a Thursday or a Friday night that would work for most people? We could probably book depending on how many of us there is. Not sure what time you all get off work and can get to these places, so let me know!

Again, anybody is welcome to attend (past or present!), but this will probably be 18+ due to the fact we're not your parents and can't smuggle you in :(
I'm open to any of those!

Ooooo does tapavino have sangria

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)