MQ or USYD for commerce??? (1 Viewer)

Manchie

HSC
hey guys. i juz finished the HSC and i got 97.95 UAI.
I wanna do commerce-acc and considering if i should go 2 MQ or USYD.
hav researched lots of forums in these unis and got heaps of diff. ideas.juz feeling so confused..
some ppl said MQ is best 4 acc altho its hard 2 graduate/pass.
but usyd is more famous than MQ rite?
and how abt the teaching quality etc.?
is there anyone studying dis course and can give me some information??

tuffboy_23

HSC
N/A
hey Manchie.

Im a student at Maqcuarie university, studying B commerce-accounting.

In this reply im going to try reply with as little bias as possible.

1. YES, people say accounting is the best at MAC, and Hence it is harder to pass an Accounting subject at MAC than it is at a uni like UWS. However, if you got a UAI of >90 im sure you'll be able to find a way to get >50% at uni.

2. YES most USYD degrees are recognised across the globe, and it is ranked as a much better university in general. Infact, many people get jealous of USYD students and call them snobs... because it simply IS the better uni.

3. TEACHING QUALITY AT MAC: the lecturers are great, the facilities are great, AND so is the information... but the problem lies in the TUTORIALS. The uni often employs tutors who can barely speak english; i.e asian, indian, arab etc... and it forces the student become a self-learner. HOWEVER, it is highly likely that the same thing happens in other universities (I would recommend that you anyone studying in USYD if their tutors can speak english before making your descision Lol)

Personally, i say go to USYD.... Remember, Today MAC may be recognised as the best at Accounting.... but in a few years time that could change. Ultimately, no matter what degree you're studying at USYD, organisations (employers) trust that you've been taught the right skills there.

I Hope i've helped make your descision easier... But i do recommend you ask around about the teaching quality at USYD.

Frank

tuffboy_23

HSC
N/A
I am also burning because i have replied to this post 2 years late LOL.

But i hope that this might make it easier for any other Commerce students in the future.

haha

rx34

HSC
I read it and found it to be very informative! Thanks :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)