MRI and NRI (1 Viewer)

Steven12

Lord Chubbington
HSC
MRI and NRI and Nucleons

Does anyone know if these two imaging techniques are related?

Magnetic resonance Imaging and Nuclear Resonance Imaging

IS NRI part of MRI?

just bit confused

and also
I dont understand the following(medical physics)

-You can have a maximum of 2 protons or two neutrons in any one nuclear shell,.
you cannot pair a proton with a neutron
'

What does it mean? that a nucleus can only contain maximum 2 subatomic particles(2protons or 2 neutrons)?and it must be the same kind? but there are so many atoms that have mass number greater than 2

Am i confusing A nuclear shell with a nucleus? what then is a nuclear shell?

Last edited:

Steven12

Lord Chubbington
HSC
and also i got another question

For medical physics, when studying MRI and other imaging techniques

is it necesssary to know the nitty gritty details, like know everything in the textbook.
or if you know the general ideas and able to tell the advantages and disavantages for each tecnique, as well as componets, because some the infomation in the books is just so ridiculous, goes on for ever(especially for little details(difficult to understand as well) nobody needs to know, or is it?)

i worry too much

Steven12

Lord Chubbington
HSC
people. can you be just a little less helpful please. i am just so overwhelmed by your enthusiasm....

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
dear oh Dear, some people. NRI abd MRI are EXACTLY the same thing!! they changed the name from nuclear resonance imaging because they thought people would think they would get radiation and die from it. MRI is a much more ignorant-patient friendly name.

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
i can help a bit, the proton/neutron pairing? ur probably referring to de BRogolie's wave model for some reason, his exclusion principle.

for MRIs, yeah i still have to learn the details, its good to know how they work, after all, we learnt how all the other stuff worked (ultra sound , x-rays etc), but the really complicated details? i dunno. ( i learnt the T1 and T2 stuff, and a bit more.....)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)