Mths Ext.2 Class of 2010 (1 Viewer)

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
my school is planning to kick people out of 4 unit if they don't get their act together, and I received a warning from the teacher. I'm not happy :(
that means that I just have to work extra hard to stay in the class....

*sigh* just when I worked so hard to GET INTO the class

markuz_73

HSC
* What book are you using? Cambridge

not sure yet...old year 12's still have them :p

* What topic your starting with? Complex Numbers (up to Ex. 3 of CN)

Complex Numbers. Just about to start vectors

* What pace is your school going at?

Think going solidly... seems like it'll be timed ok

* How are you coping?

It's pretty good.. actually having more trouble with 3U then 4U atm.. lol

* How much time you spend on each exercise?

1-2hrs some are easier/shorter and really quick tho - 20mins

*At my school all my math classes are separate; 2U School time, 3U Out, 4U Out.
How about yours?

yep 2unit on timetable, 3 and 4U off.

*And while i'm at it, for 2U were still doing topics out of the preliminary course (Maths in Focus) and for 3U were in between the prelim and HSC course (Maths in Focus)

Just doing last topic for prelimanry course in 3unit now and finished 2U prelim course

jbaeby

HSC
What book are you using?
We got given three... Cambridge, Patel, Fitzpatrick.

What topic your starting with?
Started with complex numbers and we're doing polynomials now.

What pace is your school going at?
WAY too fast for me.. but everyone else seems to be coping okay. I never get the theory stuff in class, we just spend the whole damn period copying out the formulas/examples on the board ) :
I think we're aiming at two or three topics per term.

How are you coping?
This is the only thing that's going to save my ass in the HSC so I don't want to drop it, but it's pretty hard for me. Especially cos we have a teacher who just kinda writes his stuff on the board and doesn't really explain anything - but that's 4U maths, right? You never get time to understand the theory, you just have to do the work given constantly and then you pick up on the patterns... That's what I do anyway. :uhhuh:

How much time you spend on each exercise?
Oh man, I need at least an hour or two IF I UNDERSTAND IT.. If I don't, it takes much, much longer.

At my school all my math classes are separate; 2U School time, 3U Out, 4U Out. How about yours?

Mine are all on-line, as in all of them are during school time (so happy about that!). The other 4U class has afternoon classes though. (we have two 4U classes).

Have you guys had your first assessment for 4U yet? Mine are tomorrow, 15% weighting... I'm so not prepared.

nonsenseTM

HSC
How are you coping?
This is the only thing that's going to save my ass in the HSC so I don't want to drop it, but it's pretty hard for me. Especially cos we have a teacher who just kinda writes his stuff on the board and doesn't really explain anything - but that's 4U maths, right? You never get time to understand the theory, you just have to do the work given constantly and then you pick up on the patterns... That's what I do anyway. :uhhuh:

eh, the reason doesn't seem valid

irvine

USYD 2011 :D
HSC
What book are you using?

We all get given fitzpatrick, one class gets terry lee and another gets cambridge.
I'm using Fitz, Terry Lee, Cambridge, Past papers. I have Patel & Coroneos also, and our teacher gives us handouts from Excel/Leading Edge.

What topic are you starting with?

Started with complex. "Learnt" harder circle geo too.

I guess comparatively slowly but comfortably.

How are you coping?

I don't find it that difficult so far, it's just ALOT of work (most of my homework/study)

Quite a while (1-1.5 hours on cambridge). Therefore I don't end up doing all the respective excercises from my textbooks but who cares.

spammy679

MLIA
HSC
What book are you using?

The one by S.K Patel :/

What topic are you starting with?

We started with graphs but only spent a week on that; then went to complex numbers

I dunno; i haven't compared. But we're finishing complex numbers by end of this term

How are you coping?

Easy but it's like the calm before the storm :)

1-2 hrs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)