Muay Thai/Boxers (1 Viewer)

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Tong Long Praying Mantis Kung Fu is a great style to get into. One of the few styles that actually works the way it's supposed to.

I used to train Mantis, but the division of the group in my town went under and the closest centre is about two hours away. I reccomend Mantis. Wing Chun is good, but Tong Long is the harder hitting of the two.

judoka

HSC
No offense, but it takes about a lesson and a half of boxing to figure out why wing chun doesn't work.

HSC
hey dude stop by bulldogs boxing gym in manly vale, good shit there and our coach will train you hard, he has some big names under his belt.

BreezerD

HSC
For anyone interested in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu:

u18 openweight state champ here ^_^

www.brazilianjiujitsu.com.au - Roots Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

I train at the North Sydney gym, training BJJ is one of the best decisions I've ever made...

On a side note, if people are interested in which martial art is the most PRACTICAL - look away from the eastern martial arts. Most of them are about self-improvement, discipline, etc.

I'd say your best bets for self defence/real life sitations are Muay Thai, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Boxing, etc.

I'd say BJJ is the best for a one-on-one fight, but Muay Thai is probably more useful in general, as when you get into a fight at a party etc. there is often more than one person you have to worry about. This is not to say that BJJ isn't useful for a situation where you're dealing with multiple people.

Anyway, enough with the philosophy... www.brazilianjiujitsu.com.au - come train!

CRANK-SHAFT

i'm on urPC,pwning n00bs
HSC
seriously ppl...like i have trained a little bit in BJJ techniques with my mates who also wrestle and stuff and its absolutely awesome ...especially the submissions and throws and the prospect of taking down much larger foe.

I also love Muay Thai, but wondering if joining a Kickboxing club like POWERKARATE would have the same effect in terms of conditioning, technique, power etc as an actual muay thai centre??

well i am waiting for some answers okok..

BreezerD

HSC
CRANK-SHAFT said:
seriously ppl...like i have trained a little bit in BJJ techniques with my mates who also wrestle and stuff and its absolutely awesome ...especially the submissions and throws and the prospect of taking down much larger foe.

I also love Muay Thai, but wondering if joining a Kickboxing club like POWERKARATE would have the same effect in terms of conditioning, technique, power etc as an actual muay thai centre??

well i am waiting for some answers okok..

ewww POWERKARATE sounds like a bad idea. MCDOJO. try to find a legit Muay Thai or BJJ place, you'll thank yourself for it later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)