Mulitple choice answers (1 Viewer)

Maran

HSC
To the Bored Of Studies

Could you please put the correct finalised answers up for the health Multiple choice 2005

Thankyou
"Don't let go of your dreams"

Leesa Moochie

my answers

1. d
2. b
3. c
4. b
5. a
6. b
7. a
8. c
9. c
10. a
11. b
12. c
13. a
14. a
15. d
16. d
17. c
18. d
19. d
20. a

im hoping that most of these are right... what was with the options questions!!

runboynick

mezzamy said:
this question wasnt asking about motivation. the first curve was indicating a skill that is relatively easy to pick up, and with further practice, not a huge amount of improvement can be made (i.e long jump). the second curve was indicating a skill that was difficult at the beginning with minimal practice, but as practice increases, improvements in performance are made (i.e riding a surfboard).

are you saying that long jump doesnt need any improvements, and is easy to pick up!? in terms of motivation for long jump, you need to be highly motivated and explosive when you make the jump...why do you think a long jumper gets the crowd going before they jump? With a golf putt...think about it- if you did that over and over agan, its not highly energetic and it would get boring, the only positive is that it may improve focus

princess_ciara

Can someone put a copy of the paper up? I really need to see how I fair with the whole multiple choice section. I'm like relying on it compared to the other sections lol

djmattyd

HSC
From the teachers answers, the ones that I didn't have correct, I can see why they were wrong, but I made the following errors:

5. B (correct answer A) - I thought physical inactivity wasn't a risk factor for breast cancer, but I'm probably wrong.
7. C (A) - Didn't really know, but I never wouldn't have chosen A, I thought C or D lol
11. B (A) - I can see why you would pick A, but I still would've picked B
15. B (D) - Wasn't too sure, almost chose D.
19. C (A) - Stupid mistake, I wish I'd thought about it more.

The rest I think I got right...still frustrated at question 19 haha.

_KimmAy_

HSC
Correct Answers for Multiple Choice

Hey Guys,
I went through everybody's answers that they have posted n sorta worked out what ones were correct from what letter the majority of you put. But if you find one to be wrong, just post the correct answer for me.

So here they are... (but i cant be certain they are all 100% correct)
1 D
2 B
3 C
4 B
5 A
6 D
7 A
8 C
9 C
10 D
11 A
12 C
13 A
14 D
15 D
16 B
17 C
18 C
19 A
20 B

Densuki

eXpress Yourself
HSC
well for what we have learnt, we never learnt about lfetime health cover arrenagments thats gota b wrong
we know that the govt increase the levy of 1% per year for those high incom earners who dont take out prive health insurance,
so for 7 its gota b C OR D. CMON! ><
i had no idea how to read qtn 19's graph...
with that im sayin 15-16/20
sigh thats bad

rebecca05

HSC
I thought that the higher your VO2 max is the fitter you are? (Question 19)

Densuki

eXpress Yourself
HSC
rebecca05 said:
I thought that the higher your VO2 max is the fitter you are? (Question 19)
true
and we learnt of after abd before effect of vo2, but not during a certain time period..

djmattyd

HSC
Yeh, but the lower your VO2 level is while running, the more efficient it would be, because you're needing less oxygen to power your system, wouldn't that be the logic behind that answer?

I hope I'm wrong and that the answer is C haha. But I can definitely see why the answer should be A now.

Willieee

HSC
correct answers from referin 2 ppls answers + their reasonin + referin 2 texbook

1d
2b
3c
4b
5a
6d
7d (sas so in textbook)
8b? (tricky 1 but my conclusion is if u reduce the uptake of tobacco use, u change the incidence of lung cancer in general, where as the others r specific initiatives by the gov)
9c
10d
11a (another tricky 1 still not completely sure, a, b n even c r valid)
12c
13a
14d
15d
16b
17c
18d
19a
20b

Last edited:

Willieee

HSC
hmm (Macquarie Revision Guide PDHPE)
"the government increased the Medicare levy payable for high income earners who were not privately insured"
yeh u could b rite wat answer did u get?

Last edited:

hYperTrOphY

HSC
I put A - the 'lifetime health cover' arrangament.

The govt. has introduced 3 schemes to encourage more people to private health insurance.
1. The 30% rebate
2. The lifetime health cover arrangement
3. The 1% levy on all high income earners ($50,000+) who dont have private health insurance

mezzamy

HSC
runboynick said:
are you saying that long jump doesnt need any improvements, and is easy to pick up!? in terms of motivation for long jump, you need to be highly motivated and explosive when you make the jump...why do you think a long jumper gets the crowd going before they jump? With a golf putt...think about it- if you did that over and over agan, its not highly energetic and it would get boring, the only positive is that it may improve focus
the curves are measured by 'perfomance' and 'practice'. either way, i got the question right after checking with all the teachers in the p.e staff at school.

Chelski

These are my answers. Unless I say so next to it, I am pretty certain they are all correct.

1. D
2. B
3. C - not 100% sure about this, as Australia's Health refers to dentists as a "facility". But I'm pretty sure it was "Sexual health clinic and hospital"
4. B
5. A - my teacher disagreed with me at first but she checked the lastest Health report and were are pretty sure it is A "Physical inactivity, overweight, high fat diet"
6. D
7. A - I actually put D in the exam, but I was wrong. Aus. Health 2004 states that the MOST effective one was "Lifetime Health Cover"
8. A - I said A, but my teacher disagrees. I am unsure of the answer for this one.
9. C
10. D
11. A
12. C
13. A
14. D
15. D
16. B
17. C
18. D
19. C - my teacher was unsure of this, but I belive it's C (line Y) as this one remains highest for the longest period of time.
20. B - another uncertain one. I said B as I thought Long Jump is quick to learn, hard to master, while surfing takes a long time to grasp but can improve rapidly when technique basics are mastered. My teacher thinks it's A (tennis serve / juggling) but I don't think such rapid improvements can be made in learning to serve.

So that's it. 18 or 19 I hope.

hYperTrOphY

HSC
20. B - another uncertain one. I said B as I thought Long Jump is quick to learn, hard to master, while surfing takes a long time to grasp but can improve rapidly when technique basics are mastered. My teacher thinks it's A (tennis serve / juggling) but I don't think such rapid improvements can be made in learning to serve.

So that's it. 18 or 19 I hope.
I agree.

Skill X is an a skill that is quickly learnt, but once they get to a certain level, struggle to make further improvements. In my opinion, this corresponds to long jump. Anyone [well, nearly anyone] can do a long jump, and would probably make immediate rapid gains with the help of a coach to improve technique. After a while though, most people would struggle to make further improvements. A tennis serve (once again - in my opinion) is not easy to learn. It takes heaps of practise and I would argue that an S shaped learning curve would be more suited. Most people learn to serve in 2-3 stages.

The athlete learning skill Y made very slow gains to begin and then finally mastered the skill. I reckon juggling three balls does have these characteristics as people usually cant do it, and then finally learn to do it. However, surfboard riding also matches this criteria as well since it is a skill which is difficult to learn, but once the fundamentals are understood and mastered, rapid increases in improvement should be apparent.

Well, whether correct or not, this is the basis for my decision to choose (B).

Maran

HSC
******bored Of Studies******

Bored of Studies could you please post the FINAL answers up for the multiple choice section.
Thankyou :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)