Multiple Choice Advice (1 Viewer)

andypandiiee

HSC
Throughout the Preliminary course, I realised that I lost a huge chunk of my marks in the Multiple Choice section. If you could provide any tips or strategies you use, that would be awesome. Cheers.

PLC2K14

HSC
Not 100% relevant but a notable mention anyway. For times sake, instead of just remembering the answers to the MC and to avoid potential mistakes during reading time, just use your finger nail and make a slight mark on your chosen answer

mreditor16

HSC
Not 100% relevant but a notable mention anyway. For times sake, instead of just remembering the answers to the MC and to avoid potential mistakes during reading time, just use your finger nail and make a slight mark on your chosen answer
you're not allowed to do this, according to hsc rules. in no way are you allowed to make any sort of mark on your exam paper during reading time.

PLC2K14

HSC
you're not allowed to do this, according to hsc rules. in no way are you allowed to make any sort of mark on your exam paper during reading time.
Reading time
Reading time is for reading, and NO writing or highlighting may be undertaken during reading time. The Presiding Officer will advise you when you may use a pen.

mreditor16

HSC
Just because it is not mentioned doesn't mean it is allowed. We had a case of a student using their fingernails to mark their exam paper during reading time. Our school was perplexed as to whether it was allowed. They called up BOSTES, who informed the school that is was not allowed. In fact, they notified our school that no marking in any form could be done during reading time, and it is a rule strictly enforced at my school and many others.

PLC2K14

HSC
Just because it is not mentioned doesn't mean it is allowed. We had a case of a student using their fingernails to mark their exam paper during reading time. Our school was perplexed as to whether it was allowed. They called up BOSTES, who informed the school that is was not allowed. In fact, they notified our school that no marking in any form could be done during reading time, and it is a rule strictly enforced at my school and many others.
Well you can otherwise not get into trouble for it if it is not listed in the rules and procedures booklet, which I just referred to just then. You are not at fault here.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
My mate did this in the hsc exam... The supervisor noticed and started yelling at him for the whole cohort to hear.

I wouldn't risk it seeing as my mate nearly got gg'd

puneetnanda

HSC
Especially for Economics do not overthink the multiple choice section by dwelling over how it could be any of the options they have provided you with generally the simplest explanation is the correct one. I lost a few easy marks in my school assessments as well as in the HSC simply because i overthought the choices that were provided.

egress

HSC
To build upon puneetnanda's post, you should preference first-order effects over secondary effects.

Imagine if you had a question which asked you about the effects of a falling oil price on an energy-importing country, and two options included (A) lower inflation and (B) decreased income inequality. Now, whilst it is generally held by economists that (B) occurs as a result of (A), the correct answer is (A), because it is the most important effect, and is thus the most correct answer. (B) is something that occurs as a result of (A), and is something that you might select if you overthink the question.

mreditor16

HSC
To build upon puneetnanda's post, you should preference first-order effects over secondary effects.

Imagine if you had a question which asked you about the effects of a falling oil price on an energy-importing country, and two options included (A) lower inflation and (B) decreased income inequality. Now, whilst it is generally held by economists that (B) occurs as a result of (A), the correct answer is (A), because it is the most important effect, and is thus the most correct answer. (B) is something that occurs as a result of (A), and is something that you might select if you overthink the question.
+1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)