Multiple choice answers right here.. (1 Viewer)

zhongie

HSC
Well, I hope Q17 is B, because that's what I put. Assuming that is right, then I got 20...it was alot trickier than the previous years, and you had to read the questions really quickly. I nearly got 10 wrong, but I went back to check and corrected it in the last 5 seconds of the exam...lucky. So I'm happy!

tWiStEdD

deity of ultimate reason
HSC
blast it.
i was tlaking to my damned teacher yesterday, attempting to nut out the Capital and Financial account. He tells me that the direct and portfolio investment came under capital account.

damn him.

19/20
18 if 17 is a

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
tWiStEdD said:
blast it.
i was tlaking to my damned teacher yesterday, attempting to nut out the Capital and Financial account. He tells me that the direct and portfolio investment came under capital account.
Teachers need productivity based wage increases.

Discuss.

Stilla

NNGHHH
HSC
Hahaha
Good point.
But really, how could anyone manage 19/20 in fairly difficult multiple choice questions but yet not have an understanding of something fundamental like the BoP? Seems a bit odd.

matt_f64

HSC
N/A
disco_dave said:
i reckon 1 is C dude, the official definition for IMF is:

is primiarlily responceably for lending funds to countries which experience short term BOP problems.

gotta be C
no ur wrong. go to boardofstudies site it has multi choice questions and it has that exact question i did it last nite so i knew it.

matt_f64

HSC
N/A
PhiL said:
Yeh i got all of those answers but im pretty sure Q17 is B Because FL=FD + FE and in the first year:
FD + 90 = 150 {therefore FD = 60)

Second year:
FD + 250 = 300 {therefore FD = 50)
So i thought FD was in fact decreasing so it wasnt a so i but B).
THats my reasoning but someone will probably prove me wrong!
thats wat i thort too. it makes sense.

skypryn

sexual robot
HSC
N/A
Rorix said:
actually the question says nothing about net foreign liabilities

just foreign liabilities

it's really simple. B IS RIGHT. You can't deny that. Unless A is irrefutably right, in which case there would be two best answers. But it's not.
yeah nice way of looking at things. i rekkon everyone's thinking too hard about that crappy liabilities thing. B IS RIGHT. whether A is/isn't doesn't really concern any human 'B'ings...sorry

HSC
according to one person i got 10/20, according to another i got 16, according to another i got 14....lets just no worry about it and wait till it gets marked

matt_f64

HSC
N/A
can someone explain to me how 20 is C....?? it has to be the capital account. the financial account refers more to loans, or funding.. hence "finance" but the capital account is more about "investment" i think direct and portfolio investment transactions come under the capital account therefore the answer is A.
anyone care to prove me wrong cos i dont see how it is C???

paztaboy

HSC
yeah i know what you mean. i put capital account as weel. but the answer is financial account its in the LE textbook. Financial account : four main categories ; direct investment, portfolio investment, other investmnets and reserve assets

maddison10

HSC
N/A
Question 10 D? no disputing the answer i just dont get it.
increased interest rates makes sense but wat impact does increase or decrease in tax rates have?
i was under the impression decrease in tax rats gives consumers more money to spend increasing growth reducing unemployment?

phrred

HSC
eco

ok well 1 is obviously not C (1D) n 5 is obviously not A (5B)

matt_f64

HSC
N/A
maddison10 said:
Question 10 D? no disputing the answer i just dont get it.
increased interest rates makes sense but wat impact does increase or decrease in tax rates have?
i was under the impression decrease in tax rats gives consumers more money to spend increasing growth reducing unemployment?
higher tax rates reduces consumers funds so aggregate demand is reduced... this reduces inflation (demand pull inflation) and also as there is less demand, producers will produce less and so unemployment will rise. generally a rise in unemployment occurs at the same time as a fall in inflation.. and vice versa. if unemployment and inflation occur at the same time its STAGFLATION. just think of the business cycle.. booms=low unemployment & high inflation
recession=high unemployment and low inflation.
yar thats about it, im ova economics for now bye

matt_f64

HSC
N/A
by the way, ur absolutely correct. low tax rates = more spending power = lower unemployment. but look at the graph, unemployment is rising as it is moving along the X-axis. so it is a rise in tax rates that is required along with the rise in interest rates.

aka Lemon

Question this

hmmm.. i reckon this teacher would have scored 16/20 tops.

i reckon them smart0asses on the board chucked in some tricks which may have worked on a lotta people.

i question 5, 6, 14 and 17.

5) D -look out for the confusion between "real" and "nominal" GDP".
this question called for some assumptions that the rate of inflation was NOT = 0% in yr1.

6) D - is completely true, however the syllabus seems to have stressed the importance of "gov. revenue" so that ppl naturally assume B is correct. On closer inspection, imports are taxed if they EXCEED the quota, so it still works to generate revenue

14) B - higher $AUD = INCREASED imports due to lower costs
= DECREASED exports due to higher costs for other countries
therefore IMPORTS > EXPORTS. which means that TOT deteriorates

17) B as discussed by all these ppl.

i dunno about the answer to 19, anyone have an explanation?

CONCLUSION: had the teacher sat the exam, they kinda fucked the MC's, especially disgraceful since they are the teacher.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)