Multiple Choice Answers (1 Viewer)

camchee

HSC
Hey just wondering what everyone got as their multiple choice answers. I was fairly confident with these as were a few others in my class who had the same answers.

1. D
2. A
3. D
4. B
5. B
6. C
7. C
8. B
9. C
10. A

Mikki14

HSC
I'll agree with the first 5 don't know what my second two were but they weren't C's, i agree with 9 but i'm not sure about 8 and 10 i honestly can't remember but it someone wants to post the questions and possible answers i'll let you know

Brady-2007

HSC
That looks avbout right, except for Number 4 I chose C.. and the teacher thinks it may be D. Oh well, I'm pretty confident about it overall

camchee

HSC
Mikki14 said:
I'll agree with the first 5 don't know what my second two were but they weren't C's, i agree with 9 but i'm not sure about 8 and 10 i honestly can't remember but it someone wants to post the questions and possible answers i'll let you know
If you think that either 6 or 7 is not C then I think you must not have read the question properly, because i don't really know what else they could be. Also 4 I am reasonably sure with as we had a guest speaker talk to us on the topic and I clearly remember her saying that each person is born into a kinship group.

The Thinker

"I can't get no sleep"
HSC
A lot of students in my school had mixed answers for question 2. I put (a) 'mabo v queensland', but some people put (b) 'the native title act 1993' seeing as this was a 'legal' recognition. What's your opinion on this?

jason21

HSC
I got:

1 D
2 B (tossing up between A and B)
3 D
4 C (should've changed it to B)
5 B
6 C
7 C
8 B
9 C
10 A

Mikki14

HSC
camchee said:
If you think that either 6 or 7 is not C then I think you must not have read the question properly
Well do you know what the questions were then???

camchee

HSC
6. What is an impact of Aboriginal Reconciliation on Christianity?

(A) Loss of traditional Aboriginal culture
(B) Reduced awareness of Aboriginal ritual and ceremony
(C) Increased acceptance of Aboriginal ritual and ceremony
(D) Loss of traditional practices in other religious traditions

7. Which of the following is an example of denominational switching?

(A) Changing from Catholicism to Zen Buddhism
(B) Changing from Uniting Church to Humanism
(C) Changing from Orthodox Judaism to Reform Judaism
(D) Changin from Christianity to new religious expressions

8. What is the main cause of the increasing religious diversity in Australia since 1945?

(A) The declining impact of secularism
(B) The changing patterns of immigration
(C) The adoption of a policy of assimilation
(D) The strengthening of the ecumenical movement

Can't believe I put that much effort into typing all that out lol

Jerruy

HSC
Mine:
1. D
2. A
3. D
4. B
5. B
6. C
7. C
8. B
9. C
10. A

Exactly the same as the first post

karimhamka

HSC
Question Four is D. A group of Aboriginals is clearly related to the land. So and so from the land of.......

ashleypage

HSC
karimhamka said:
Question Four is D. A group of Aboriginals is clearly related to the land. So and so from the land of.......
What was question 4 again? Because it looks like everyone else including me got B?
OH was that the kinship one? Because kinship is about familial ties, thus you get your kinship identity from being born into that clan.

alfonso22

HSC
my answers were..

1)D
2)A
3)D
4)B
5)B
6)C
7)C
8)B
9)C
10)A

i thought they were pretty easy

only thing im not sure on is the kinship one

bec111

HSC
i put B for question two because the Native title act was a act intentionally made recognising the aboriginal connection to the land... ?? and for 4 i put B as well because i remember learning about Aborigines kinship being of large family networks such as a child's aunt is considered their mother too so they have many mothers and fathers etc i duno if im making any sense but thats just what i thought lol

ashleypage

HSC
bec111 said:
i put B for question two because the Native title act was a act intentionally made recognising the aboriginal connection to the land... ?? and for 4 i put B as well because i remember learning about Aborigines kinship being of large family networks such as a child's aunt is considered their mother too so they have many mothers and fathers etc i duno if im making any sense but thats just what i thought lol
The courts are also part of the legal system though, so technically it should be Mabo, which I put, but it seemed so obvious? Like they had the years next to it, so I dunno, whether it was intended to make us second guess the Mabo decision or whattt.

Mikki14

HSC
camchee said:
6. What is an impact of Aboriginal Reconciliation on Christianity?

(A) Loss of traditional Aboriginal culture
(B) Reduced awareness of Aboriginal ritual and ceremony
(C) Increased acceptance of Aboriginal ritual and ceremony
(D) Loss of traditional practices in other religious traditions

7. Which of the following is an example of denominational switching?

(A) Changing from Catholicism to Zen Buddhism
(B) Changing from Uniting Church to Humanism
(C) Changing from Orthodox Judaism to Reform Judaism
(D) Changin from Christianity to new religious expressions

8. What is the main cause of the increasing religious diversity in Australia since 1945?

(A) The declining impact of secularism
(B) The changing patterns of immigration
(C) The adoption of a policy of assimilation
(D) The strengthening of the ecumenical movement

Can't believe I put that much effort into typing all that out lol
Well i thank you for your effort.

I agree with your answer for 8 it couldn't be anything other then B. I can see how you all would think C is right for both 6 and 7 but I can now remember what I was thinking that made me choose D for both of them, and my thoughts were somewhat foolish i'll admit it.

For 6 I glazed over the word Reconcilliation woops.
For 7 the only reason I didn't go with C was because my teacher had been craming it into our brains not to use the word denomonation in other religious traditions. I was considering it though.

Thank you again camchee for taking the time and effort to write that out I really do appriciate it

Armenikum

HSC
The Thinker said:
A lot of students in my school had mixed answers for question 2. I put (a) 'mabo v queensland', but some people put (b) 'the native title act 1993' seeing as this was a 'legal' recognition. What's your opinion on this?
it's b

ashleypage

HSC
Armenikum said:
Courts are legal system though, and Mabo set a precedent which was the influence for the Native Title Act. It has to be Mabo.

camchee

HSC
ashleypage said:
Courts are legal system though, and Mabo set a precedent which was the influence for the Native Title Act. It has to be Mabo.
Agreed. My thoughts exactly

Magicana

HSC
Armenikum said:
Mabo legally recognised Native Title, The Native Title Act was a crystallisation of the ideas in it. Common law is fully recognised as part of the legal system.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)