Multiple Choice Answers (1 Viewer)

jgalpin

HSC
The answer was 3 im pretty sure, although i stupidly did one

jgalpin

HSC
For the friction question what was the force at 30 degrees? i remember INITIALLY getting 50 something for the horizontal component but then like 60 something for the answer

SnowTau

HSC
For the friction question what was the force at 30 degrees? i remember INITIALLY getting 50 something for the horizontal component but then like 60 something for the answer
Horizontal component was 57N, which was a). I reckon that would have definitely caught some people out who weren't paying attention. However the final answer was 65.8N

dydx

HSC
i am fairly sure 2 was A as salt water contains ions which are free charge carriers which accelerate the rate of corrosion. Cold-rolled brass would not corrode from just the "stress factor" if it were in air therefore by placing it in a solution of electrolytes will accelerate the rate of corrosion as the electrons can free move within the metal forcing the metals in the alloy to establish an electrolytic/galvanic cell and corrode.

Last edited:

onhermis

God does not make Rubbish
HSC
Guys I'm doing this now and for the friction question (9) I got 65.8N however the sample answers state that it is C - 79.6 N .... am I doing something wrong?

zhou

HSC
Uni Grad
Onhermis, I am 99.99% certain that you are correct. The exact value on my calculator was 65.8179...... Found the parallel force required to move the block first then used trig to find force P.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)