Multiple choice answers (1 Viewer)

duncanmckay

HSC
N/A
MultiCHoice

Q9.
MikeRyan is right for this. ww1 had the most support from the churches so the answer was A
Q10. This is what my teacher wrote about it:
A nasty question. Many Chinese people (some of whom were Buddhists) came to Australia in the mid to late 1800's and worked on the gold fields. The demise of the goldfields and a high degree of racism contributed to many returning home. Indirectly, the White Australia policy may well have encouraged some to return home. However, there were also large numbers of Sri Lankans (many of whom were Buddhists) who came to Queensland in the 1880's. There is evidence that pressure from the Christian establishment did lead to many of them converting to Christianity over a period of twenty years or so. The onset of WWII was likely to have been a significant factor in the whole equation as well. Frankly, I think it's a tough question. I think WW2 (answer A) is correct.

julia_jules

HSC
N/A
i also put WW1 as the war most supported by australian christian churches - the catholics were supportive of the war itself though opposed to conscription, right? and the protestants wanted a chance to realign themselves with Britain.

i know there was support for WW2 because of communism cept I thought after all the destruction etc. of WW1, people were generally less keen, no celebrations/war fever. so i figured the churches were generally less supportive.

am i right or am i wrong?

catrina

HSC
it sucked!

i put
B
B i dont think we even leart that just that pres were the least to convert.
B
D just a guess cuz the others r all churches that older ppl go to
C
B
A just a guess never heard of boystown or australian inland mission
C
B
C

marley_princess

HSC
multi choice

Nah it hought it was a good exam was frettin bout it but pleasently suprised........yeah i got exactly the same as SPED but c for 10 :) and yeah it was definatly ww2 cause there was a big issue about it and how it was unexpected for church to support. Ecumenical was weird but thank god i had studied united church that morning hehe out of everyone i talked to only like me and a friend got it right was shocked worst question was sooo the 2nd multi choice whole thing was really weirdly worded......but how awsome was essay only got 4 pages out but didn't want to run out of time feaked me out ppl leaving like 45 min into it ay hehe meh lets hope for the best......
Peace and love
~ME~

mikeryan69

HSC
N/A
thanks

thanks for the help duncan...lol we got a good teacher
yeh and i agree with question 10 because the white australia policy did not deny current buddhists living here......hmm i found this one really hard but i think ur right.
and yeh it was WW1 for question 9........

Last edited:

waitingforwhat

Correct Answer to M/C question number 2:

this is an extract from the Macquarie Revision guide, page 83:

"....The three denominations did not eventually unite, however, until June 1977. Overall the votes were 69 % of Presbyterians in favour, 83% of Methodists in favour and 75% of Congregationalists....."

Therefore, it can be seen thet the "most supportive church" was the Methodist.

Lock in C Eddie!

waitingforwhat

Question 10

ok, a lot of you say that it was due to conversion to christianity
But "the main cause" of a change to christianity would be due to what.... It would be due to the fact that there was a white australia policy which prevented and other culture or religion from being present within Australia, and thus Buddhists either left the country or converted, or simply did not state their religion on the census in fear of being eliminated.

Thats my theory anyway,

so its (C) The White Australia Policy

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
julia_jules said:
i also put WW1 as the war most supported by australian christian churches - the catholics were supportive of the war itself though opposed to conscription, right? and the protestants wanted a chance to realign themselves with Britain.

i know there was support for WW2 because of communism cept I thought after all the destruction etc. of WW1, people were generally less keen, no celebrations/war fever. so i figured the churches were generally less supportive.

am i right or am i wrong?
umm...no not really

q 2b

i went thru the answers of the mc with the RE co-ordinator at my school n he ias of the belief that the MEthodidts were the most supportive. it aint baptist coz they wernt even in the Uniting chruch n yeh.... the m.choice + short ansers werent as straifghtforward as they could hv been.

such borad and ambigiously worded open questions, open to interpretation.. we'll c how right we were wen we get the reesults back

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)