Multiple Choice Answers (1 Viewer)

ladki

HSC
Abtari said:
the answer is definitely D

it says water molecules move from area of low solute concentratoin to high solute concentratoin, meaning that water molecules are moving from area of high water concentratoin to low water concentratoin....and it has to be osmosis... not diffusion :D
okay can i juz ask mention some'... isn't the "selective permeable membrane" used only in renal dialysis, thuz wen u hav kidney failure?? and if its dat den duz'nt it function by diffusion not osmosis?? coz itz artificial?? juz askin for ur opinion?? sorryzz

Kyroth***

HSC
nina12 said:
w-w-w-w-what? that makes no sense 2 me, call me stupid if you like
Okay, what I mean is, you have two animals. One is called "Notorcytes caunrinus", the other is called "Talpa europaea". These two animals function ver differently, ie one is placental, one is marsupial, etc. However, they both adapted so that they could burrow, because in their respecive environments, that was a good way to survive. Hence they both adapted claws for digging and minimal eye sight.
Now, along comes man. Man lives in Europe. Man sees Talpa europaea, and decides to call it a "mole". Later, scientists decided to classify it in their new system, and class it as Talpa europaea, based on it physical characteristics (inc being placental), location, social structure, etc.
Man decides Europe is too small, and decides to go to Australia, where Notorcytes caurinus lives. Because these animals are shy, they are not seen full at first, but superficially, they resemble a mole, so they too are called a mole. Later, scientists classify them as not being a mole, but the name sticks.
The two animals are very different, they evolved along very different lines. But they superficially resemble each other, so man called them both "mole". That is the only way they are the same.
European moles did not migrate here and become australian moles. Hence the answer is D.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
ok so are we saying these are the certified right answers?
1 B
2 C
3 A
4 B
5 A
6 C
7 C
8 B
9 D
10 C
11 B
12 D
13 B
14 A
15 D

cause thats what i got, and heaps of others got them aswell.

maybe the thread starter or a mod could put these in the first post so someone looking for the answers can see them straight away instead of digging for abit

edit: nice explanation kyroth, what i used to justify my answer[ d] was that bats and birds are completely different buyt bot hcan fly, hence convergent evolution so i thought the mole thing must be convergent evolution...
when i got home i also saw the shark and dophin one, how because the both live in the ocean they have developed similar structures like a streamlined body but rhe shark is a fish and the dolphin a mammal so they are different hence convergent evolution...

Last edited:

nak

HSC
I thought Q.3 was "C"...i put Nutritional.....
It was kinda confusing for me coz Environmental and Nutritional can be both correct........?

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
It's not nutriional because that's more of say lack of vitamin A or calcium etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)