Multiple Choice (Compiled Answers) (1 Viewer)

B.Rabbit

Banned
So what...? You don't know what a chick naked looks like but u can still observe one..

I thought it was <10 because its a DISTANT planet aswell.. so by the time he saw the earth the clock would of been in the past... but i got no faith in my self so i just used the formula and put 16.67 :(

Rock God

Question 10?

Can someone pls explain to me why the wire in question 10 would go into a circle?

I thought it went into the shape (B)

walla

Satisfied Customer
HSC
ummmm....blocking uv rays has a lot to do with the photoelectric effect. the radio waves are low frequency hence low energy and cannot cause sparking.....uv are high frequency, high energy, and hertz put the glass there inadvertently blocking the uv and thus reducing the electrons released. that is actually what hertz did and is how he first observed the photoelectric effect (without realising it).

i don't know if b or d is right but don't make claims like "b has nothing to do with the photoelectric effect"

walla

Satisfied Customer
HSC
Originally posted by McLake
As stated above, this is just a list of the answers provided in that thread (when people provide a whole list of answers ...)
yes i know just warning everybody that its not definitive....i do appreciate the effort you put in :D

Under-stated

Director General
HSC
Originally posted by yeeha89
LOOK man, ALL of the choices are OBSERVATIONS MAN, read the question. It said, Which of the following "observations" is consistent with the photoelectric effect that Hertz produced? This clearly assuming that they are all observations. And that is what my 3 of the physics teachers at my school said, so, HAH!!!
Well like most ppl i put D.

Im sorry I didnt realise that Hertz could actually "Observe" UV radiation getting Blocked by the glass!
I applied the following syllogism:

1. Hertz was a man
2. Men have normal eyes.
3.Therefore Hertz had normal eyes.

Well its funny that your physics teachers actually agreed with you!

Sorry to be a bastard, just getting my point across. :p

walla

Satisfied Customer
HSC
ratio (secondary to primary turns)
= ratio (secondary to primary voltage)
= 6000:240
= 25:1 - c

Adam

HSC
5 is D, no doubt. Read it.. What time had elapsed on this (earths clock) when seen from the spaceship. Time is slower on earth, they are asking how much time passed on earth, which has to me more than 10, hence it can only be D.

14 is D. "Ultraviolet waves", um, last time I check they were in fact radio waves that were being transmitted, B is void, it has nothing to do with this experiment.

If you don't agree, your obviously wrong :D

Last edited:

B.Rabbit

Banned
Na they wernt asking how much time passed on earth.. they were asking how much the clock said on earth from the ASTRONAUGHTS viewup in space FROM a DISTANT PLANET

Question 8-----

Vp over Vs= Np over Ns
240 over 6000= Np over Ns
1 over 25= Np over Ns----------->cros multiple and u get :
Ns=25Np
therefore 1:25...............wat have i done wrong so that the answer isnt B???

Under-stated

Director General
HSC
Originally posted by dnt stop runnin
Question 8-----

Vp over Vs= Np over Ns
Ns=25Np
Actually:
Vp/Vs= Np/Ns
240/6000=Np/Ns
which is 1:25=Np/Ns
therefore Ns/Np=25:1

which means it is C
sorry to be the bearer of bad news.....

Question 8-----

Vp over Vs= Np over Ns
Ns=25Np

D

d00d

they asked for the ratio of secondary: primary instead of primary:secondary. i made the same mistake.

RX8LP

Originally posted by dnt stop runnin
i dnt entirely agree with quetion 8 being c.......wat did everyone have as the primary voltage??
same here......i put B
It said find the turns ratio when.....Vs/Vp
and so isnt the secondary one 240 volts?????

walla

Satisfied Customer
HSC
Originally posted by Adam

14 is D. "Ultraviolet waves", um, last time I check they were in fact radio waves that were being transmitted, B is void, it has nothing to do with this experiment.

If you don't agree, your obviously wrong :D
far more em radiation across the entire spectrum was being produced.....including both radio and uv. hertz was only detecting and observing the radio waves. if you think that UV radiation has nothing to do with it, what do you think hertz's initial observation of the photoelectric effect involved? it was when he blocked off the uv that the spark gap decreased. hence it could be b or d.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)