• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

multiple choice questions (1 Viewer)

bettina44

HSC
some mulitple choice tests have this rule that for every question you get wrong you lose one quarter of a mark.so my question is,is it better to leave out the ones you don't know blank or do all the questions?

lolokay

HSC
I would think you should do them, since you probably have SOME idea about the answer, and so have a greater than 1/4 chance of getting it right.

jazzbaby

HSC
i think multiple choice is the worst .. i always manage to do better on free response

lolokay

HSC
I do better in multiple choice. All of the answers are in front of you, so it jogs your memory more than a free response question - especially if you havent studied =/

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
Mulitple choice is evil!!
I hate it cause 1) some answers are more right than others but others are still right 2) kids who dont study can still do well in it and 3) I'm so bad at it its not funny.
I hate it, they should get rid of it entirely in the HSC i think.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
It's basically a 'on the spur of the moment' thing. I have gut feelings, which usually end up being correct, so I just usually go with my gut. But I'm really conservative, and not a gambler, so I usually leave it blank.

adidasboy

weee
HSC
multiple choice in legal studies is absolutely the worst!!
I think multiple choice is much harder to get marks than essay/short answer questions. This doesn't apply to maths btw. <3 multiple choice in maths

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I hate multiple choice questions in any subject. They are the areas where I lose marks. :(

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
lyounamu said:
I hate multiple choice questions in any subject. They are the areas where I lose marks. :(
Same with me, in PDHPE i got 12/20 in multiple choice
but in the other 2 sections i got 18/20 and 14/15

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
When we were in Year 9, they took marks away. They stopped last year, I think? (Not too sure).

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Multiple choice in English is annoying. Every answer is like correct in one way or another.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Aplus said:
Multiple choice in English is annoying. Every answer is like correct in one way or another.
English indeed. Need to figure out which one is 'more right'.

HSC
adidasboy said:
multiple choice in legal studies is absolutely the worst!!
I think multiple choice is much harder to get marks than essay/short answer questions. This doesn't apply to maths btw. <3 multiple choice in maths
ive heard about those. i used to do legal studies (moved schools, chose visual arts for that line) and theres the most ambiguous questions... its retarded.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
scaredytiger said:
ive heard about those. i used to do legal studies (moved schools, chose visual arts for that line) and theres the most ambiguous questions... its retarded.
Really? I've always enjoyed Legal Studies Multiple Choice. :\

nerdsforever

hsc zomg
HSC
jazzbaby said:
i think multiple choice is the worst .. i always manage to do better on free response
omg. thats like me. I always score higher in extended. Multiple choice is the main factor of my 50% in English exams. Its because whenever I do them, the answers always confuse me. I spend ages trying to figure out what the answer is, and come back correcting them. I then find that the one I chose in the beggining was the correct on! it always happens to me :mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)