Multiple choice tips...please.. (1 Viewer)

Loz_metalhead

HSC
I seem to be going incredibly bad in all the multiple choice questions...we got a sheet with 18 questions and I got 9 wrong...im quite worried:S..as I was using my text book. It doesnt just seem to be me, my friend next to me got 5 wrong, but she didnt use the text book. The person in front of me got 9 wrong and she used the text book.

we also use the leading edge work book and I get lots of the mc wrong aswel.

Does anyone have any tips...This makes me feel that I shouldnt even bother studying...I cant even answer the questions correctly with the notes and text book in front of me..

nickyroony

BigBlogger
HSC
My teacher is always complaining about the Leading Edge MC questions, cuz he reckons the choices aren't clear enough, and if you really think hard about the question, the answers they deemed as wrong are actually right. According to his logics anyway.

The trick I always use with MC is to read the question slowly, let the word sink in. If you're 'relaxed' enough, an answer should pop into your head even before you look at the choices. Then you just have to match that little answer in your head with the one on paper, and hope it's the right one!!

Loz_metalhead

HSC
ok thanks. I have an economics assessment so i need to study for it. Hopefully I will go better in the mc on the exam...its in 2 weeks.

rosepetal25

HSC
N/A
with multiple choice dont over analyse ..because if you do then every single alternative appears as if it could be legitimate in your mind.

sam_account

HSC
i wud say intially "method of elimination" works best in mc questions, by the end of ur course, u shud have done so many mc questions that u can easily see the answer. But , nonetheless there are always tricky qs, so "method of elimnatination" still remains useful. I wud say don't spend more than 45secs on each mc question, coz if u know ur theory then u can easily cane the essays + short answers. hope it helps

Loz_metalhead

HSC
Topic test on Monday worth 20%. Its mc and short answers. Its on globalisation and Australia's trade a financial flows.

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
Personally I found MC to be simple, it was either common knowledge or straight out of syllabus. My tip:

- Study
- When doing it, think logically then asnwer and use your knowledge from study if it is a simple question.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Just know your work well, and you should be able to differentiate between the closest of mc answers with less difficulty.

i4ct

HSC
know your work and go through the question and answer carefully. :)
oh yeh, make sure you go through every answer.

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
first answer is the best answer, never re-check a multiple choice question, always stick to your guns. Also, leave out any questions your really unsure of, usually the rest of the test will trigger an appropriate answer and then you can obtain the correct, or at least an educated guess type, answer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)