Multiple choice (1 Viewer)

Bob.

HSC
So what'd everyone get? should compare and see how we went. i found in my answers that i have 5 answers for each letter, hope thats a sign that its all right.

1 b
2 c
3 d
4 d
5 d
6 a
7 c
8 a
9 d
10 b
11 c
12 b
13 b
14 c
15 c
16 b
17 a
18 d
19 a
20 a

randomstudent

HSC
Bob. said:
3 d
4 d
5 d
lol- YES!! i did that, thought it was strange to have a series of d's

they didnt let me take my paper home:(, but on the plus side, NO MORE SCHOOL!! till enxt year..

maskd

HSC
1 b
2 c
3 d
4 b*
5 d
6 a
7 c
8 a
9 d
10 d (Completely forgot on this one)
11 c
12 d (I didn't like this....)
13 b
14 c
15 a
16 b
17 a
18 d
19 b (Never could do these ones)
20 a

* Ah bugger, it's A, NZ uni's are <uni>.ac.nz, C isnt right because of au and com the wrong way around, and not D because organisations should use .org

Bob.

HSC
4 is D. A doesnt use the right protocol HTTP:// it only has HTTP// therefore its wrong. D is the only right one there.

Optizunium

HSC
Q4 can be either D or C
Its not A or B as both http:// are wrong (missing one og the components)
D is right but the site is and "organisation" where it has a .com suffix so i didnt do it. Also it didnt hav a / at the end, i dunno but most browsers automatically put it on so it must have significant...hopefully
C is right answer(hopefully) as the .au can be anywhere eg http://au.gamespot.com/
Although the au. could just be a sub site to gamespot :(

Last edited:

maskd

HSC
Optizunium said:
Q4 can be either D or C
Its not A or B as both http:// are wrong (missing one og the components)
D is right but the site is and "organisation" where it has a .com suffix so i didnt do it. Also it didnt hav a / at the end, i dunno but most browsers automatically put it on so it must have significant...hopefully
C is right answer(hopefully) as the .au can be anywhere eg http://au.gamespot.com/
Oh wow I didn't even notice that they had parts missing, woops.

maskd

HSC
BtownLee said:
IT WAS D....u cant have www.organisation.au.com (c) and obviously a n b are wrong
You actually can: see netregistry

Go to the domain available thing, select the drop down menu with .com.au, and you'll see .au.com

Last edited by a moderator:

simonj2

hero
HSC
Bob, i had 2 different answers:

15. A (the system was built with partial functionality, but it was tried just in one region, so it was either phased or pilot, i put pilot though, the second part was obviously direct, so i put A instead of C)

and

19. B (there was an error with the transmission, but the parity check wouldn't detect any errors, so it said that the parity check was correct, so i put B instead of A)

Optizunium

HSC
maskd is right, its there
lol it has asn.au and geek.nz

Bob.

HSC
ah yeah with 15 i had to guess between the two cos i couldnt split them. i put phased because pilot says in my textbook is like taken on by keen employees or something. thing is ive seen a past paper with the exact kinda scenario but it said that it was parallel conversion.

19 is a badly worded quesiton i think

BtownLee

HSC
simonj2 said:
Bob, i had 2 different answers:

15. A (the system was built with partial functionality, but it was tried just in one region, so it was either phased or pilot, i put pilot though, the second part was obviously direct, so i put A instead of C)

and

19. B (there was an error with the transmission, but the parity check wouldn't detect any errors, so it said that the parity check was correct, so i put B instead of A)
19.) i didnt think there were any errors wit transmission because partiy bit only checks for 1s and 0s...not position

and does anyone have the booklet that they can scan or summin?? after 2 n half hrs so i couldn take it

cheers

maskd

HSC
I said it was B, corrupt transmission, but parity bit was correct, because the amount of 0's was the same, and it said parity bit 0 for both of them...

Optizunium

HSC
My questions 8 and 12 where different bob.
Although i dont know if they are certainly correct.
8c as they had the error running live data, so documentation(error report) would be used
12c (probly wrong) Gantt organises separate groups, file sharing brings it all together, abd web-conferencing for collaboration. but i dunno on this one

Last edited:

Bob.

HSC
your probably right about 19, it just sounds like the kind of question they'd put in to trick people. still id be happy with 18/20

Xachro

HSC
Here we go, anything I got different from original post I have justified:
1. B
2. C
3. D
4. D
5. B - I was tossing between B and D. Looking at it now D is probably correct.
6. A
7. D - Tossing between C and D chose D because it transmits and recieves, that was stupid. C is more correct because it uses no other info processes.
8. A
9. D
10. B
11. C
12. B
13. B
14. C
15. A - Tossing between A and C, chose A because the "one region" part and because they didnt phase in anything else.
16. B
17. A
18. D
19. B - They said it accepted the transmission, therefore parity check was correct. However it recieved the wrong data so the transmission was corrupt.
20. A

Also on the organisation.com.au one, I say D, even if C _can_ be correct .au.com is not very common so it is less likely to locate a website and therefore does not fit the question.

Bijs

HSC
I got:

1. B
2. C
3. D
4. D
5. D
6. A
7. C
8. A
9. D
10. B
11. C
12. B
13. B
14. C
15. A
16. B
17. A
18. D
19. B
20. A

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)