8) D
9) D
10) A
11) B
12) A
13) C
14) A
15) D

Hey guys, by the sounds of it, everyone has done well! Except for the few odd questions that are continuing to be argued. I'm sure you've all done well and I'd like to congratulate all of you on your effort. Enjoy that it is over, good luck with any exams you may have left and good luck with the HSC! I hope you all get the desired outcome you've wanted and deserved.

Last edited:

abbott75

HSC
I can't even remember the questions... I didn't take a book out with me.

RHINO7

HSC
Could you post up the questions, or what they refered to, please, i can't remember.

joshuaali

HSC
hellopian said:
What did everyone put down for the MC?

My answers were:
1) C
2) B
3) D
4) A
5) D
6) B
7) D
8) D
9) D
10) A
11) B
12) A
13) C
14) A
15) D
1. D - I believe the substrate is the reactant, not the product.
2. B
3. A - The rings are characteristic of xylem vessels, and xylem transports water and mineral ions.
4. C - Prevention is better than cure.
5. B - The treatment is the independant variable. The number of visible bacterial colonies depends on that variable, and is thus the dependant variable.
6. B
7. D
8. D
9. D
10.A
11.B
12.A
13.C
14.A (I'm not sure about this one; my friend says C)
15.D

roosterman57

HSC
joshuaali said:
2. B
3. A - The rings are characteristic of xylem vessels, and xylem transports water and mineral ions.
5. B - The treatment is the independant variable. The number of visible bacterial colonies depends on that variable, and is thus the dependant variable.
6. B
7. D
8. D
9. D
10.A
11.B
12.A
13.C
15.D
Me and u only have one diff. Man that makes me feel better after looking at the first guy n seein so many differences

NJMORTIMER

Alchemist
HSC
1.d
2.b
3.a
4.c
5.b
6.b
7.d
8.d
9.d
10.a
11.b
12.a
13.c
14.c
15.d

hellopian

HSC
Didn't they let you take the multiple choice booklet out?

Okay well the first one was the enzyme substrate lock and key model (which picture represents the substrate)

2nd was "why do cells contain many different enzymes?"

3rd was the diagram on the plant stem and whether it was xylem or phloem (I think I got this one wrong)

4th was The Wollemi pine and how to reduce spread of the fungus phythothera.

5th was the treatment of the pond water and indentifying the dependant variable.

6th was naming the description which was "engulfing and destruction of bacteria or other foreign bodies

7th was which leaf structures help conserve water

8th was observations to back up Koch's contribution yo understanding the cause of disease.

9th was current reproductive techniques can be used to alter the generic composition of a population, some of these methods were also used by gregor mendel, how did mendel use reproductive techniques in his experiments.

10th wasdescribe relationship between proteins and polypepetides

11th wasthe pedigree chart and chance for the daughter to contract disease.

12th was correct representation of the interaction between b call and t cells.

13th was why come mosquitoes survived the insecticide and how it supports darnwins/wallaces theory of evolution.

14th wasmarathon runner dehydrated which hormone(s) helpd to re-establish water balance

15th was how have walter and sutton contributed to the understanding of inheritance.

phoebe2007

HSC
joshuaali said:
2. B
6. B
7. D
8. D
9. D
10.A
11.B
12.A
13.C
15.D
wow yeh i have the EXCACT same answers as you! i'm hoping thats a good thing :)

alfonso22

HSC
me answers were:

1)C
2)B
3)A
4)C
5)C
6)B
7)D
8)D
9)D
10)A
11)B
12)D
13)C
14)A
15)D

i got slightly confuesd with 11 though:wave:

joshuaali

HSC
roosterman57 said:
Me and u only have one diff. Man that makes me feel better after looking at the first guy n seein so many differences
Heh. For 11, I think it's B since, after analysing the diagram, you can see that the 'affected' allele is recessive to the 'normal' allele (and they aren't sex-linked). From just that fact, you can see that A and B must be heterozygous to have an 'affected' son. Thus, in a true mendelian ratio, the chances of the daughter having a recessive phenotype must be a 1/4, i.e. 25%.

kobina

HSC
joshuaali said:
2. B
6. B
7. D
8. D
9. D
10.A
11.B
12.A
13.C
15.D
i like all those answers. but i dont like question 4. i put down a. i can see where ur cumin from but man. the answers to that question all seem stupid. as for 14 in biology the answer is a. but the same question asked in pdhpe would mean the ansa is c im sure

hellopian

HSC
joshuaali said:
2. B
6. B
7. D
8. D
9. D
10.A
11.B
12.A
13.C
15.D
For 1 wouldn't the product be D as it represents the substrate breaking down into products? That's why I put C because it represents the substrate before it decays.

3 I think you're right, my friend put a as well, I thought I saw companion cells used in phloem transport but I think I was wrong

Yeah I got 5 wrong, I put down D then changed it back to B but changed it back to D. I was unsure

gpark

HSC
omgoshh multiple choice was annoying coz it was trickyyyy GRRRr lol fa rout did anyone get A for q. 1 hahha isnt the "C" thing the substrate???

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
NJMORTIMER said:
1.d
2.b
3.a
4.c
5.b
6.b
7.d
8.d
9.d
10.a
11.b
12.a
13.c
14.c
15.d
had teh same thing as you except 13... everyone has c) i changed mine to d)
...like its not as if the orignial population were identical, i thought some were able to adapt to these changes as a result of variation being responsbile for natural selection? Features that better fit the environment;adapt?

ahh well dont care one mark

but i got to admit multiple choice was tricky, they were bending and twisting ideas, like the first mcq lol...what a mad way to start

yeah for 14 i think its c

phoebe2007

HSC
also i'm pretty sure with 14 it's A... i origionally had C until i changed it.. and there are lots of different answers here.. BUT i think a because if he had a low blood pressure then both would be released and aldosterone is only to either raise the blood pressure or rasie the salt ions in the body.. and the question is not asking for any of that it is simply saying the marathon runner is dehydrated- meaning the cells do not have enough water, the water balance is out. This would mean there is already too much salt.. so no more salt is needed.
thats my take...

joshuaali

HSC
kobina said:
i like all those answers. but i dont like question 4. i put down a. i can see where ur cumin from but man. the answers to that question all seem stupid. as for 14 in biology the answer is a. but the same question asked in pdhpe would mean the ansa is c im sure
So which answer do you think the Board will accept?

hellopian: The enzyme (in this case) doesn't break down the compound; it bonds them together. The reactants (notice the plurality) are catalysed to bond into a product (singular).

hellopian

HSC
joshuaali said:
So which answer do you think the Board will accept?

hellopian: The enzyme (in this case) doesn't break down the compound; it bonds them together. The reactants (notice the plurality) are catalysed to bond into a product (singular).
Oh okay, should've noticed.. silly mistake

wangurflapper88

wishforwings
HSC
hellopian said:
For 1 wouldn't the product be D as it represents the substrate breaking down into products? That's why I put C because it represents the substrate before it decays.

3 I think you're right, my friend put a as well, I thought I saw companion cells used in phloem transport but I think I was wrong

Yeah I got 5 wrong, I put down D then changed it back to B but changed it back to D. I was unsure
The answer for question 1 is d because the substrate is put together as a result of the reaction with the enzyme

i did the stupides thing and changed my answer in 5 from b to d for some reason i thought that the parents we homozygous recessive :mad1:

the answer in relation to adh and aldosterone is c guys

what does everyone think about 13??

Emchem

HSC
gpark said:
omgoshh multiple choice was annoying coz it was trickyyyy GRRRr lol fa rout did anyone get A for q. 1 hahha isnt the "C" thing the substrate???
yes I agree with you.

question 1 is A

because isn't A and B the enxyme with the active site... and then the object C is the substrate...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)