Multiple Choice (1 Viewer)

hunter1

Evolution is a mystery
HSC
christobel said:
Actually, no, you are wrong, because that possible answer says "People", which could mean ANYONE at all, so even by passing a Means Test, indeed they are part of the way there, but they still must pass other tests in order to gain legal aid, and seeing as it says "people", we can't be assured if they will or won't be granted legal aid.

However, as you may or may not know, one of the prime functions of the Legal Aid Commission is to in fact assist Young Persons facing criminal charges, and even if it says that the young offenders haven't passed any of the tests, we can be almost certain that they will be granted Legal Aid.

That's just my spin on it, I might be wrong, who knows, those multis were so fucking unclear it made me want to cry.
Agreed, i thought Young offender were nearly guaranteed legal aid

jcfiction

HSC
N/A
Not all.

However the merits test does not apply to quote "Children in the Children's Court"

In other words, children in the childrens court (where they would go if they face criminal charges) essentially pass the jurisdiction tests while they also dont have to pass the merits test, meaning they only have to pass a means test.

The answer C however, implies an individual who still needs to pass both a jurisdiction and a merits test, thus is less likely to be granted legal aid than a young person facing criminal charges.

Of course this all assumes that "young person" is a child under 18 who would be tried in the children's court when they face children's charges. I think we can make that assumption since the terms "young people" and "people under 18" are, on the most part, interchangeable in the context of this issue.

For those reasons D is a superior answer to C for q9... but feel free to challenge me. Under my theory i got it wrong, i put C -_-

roryamon

HSC
N/A
By being a young person facing criminal charges it does not necessarily provide you with legal aid. What if this young person has parents whocan afford lawyers.

A young person must recieve some form of means test based on their guardians...

darrynXtreem

HSC
Q11 was C
"How could" indicated that it was a hypothetical situation.

Most people seemed confused between A, B and C. It cannot be B because High Court decisions can easily be overturned by statutes - thus this does not offer the "best" protection. Therefore it would either be A or C. Now if you ask yourselves what would protect a right better - statute law or the consitution, anyone who has read and understood the Law and Society topic and much of the preliminary course would know that the constitution offers the greater protection.

Remember, the question is not asking what would be the most likely scenario of the options, but rather which "could" be the best protection.

DazzaX

hunter1

Evolution is a mystery
HSC
Hey, i thought the MC were pretty easy, i had the first section finished in 15 minutes. My answers were

1. D
2. B
3. B
4. A
5. D.
6. D
7. A
8. C
9. D
10. B
11. C
12. B
13. B
14. A
15. C

What did i get?

chrisaoun1990

HSC
i got 14/15 according to answers compiled above got caught out with 12:
1/D
2/B
3/B
4/A
5/D
6/D
7/A
8/C
9/D
10/B
11/A
12/D WAS GONNA CHANGE TO 'B'
13/A
14/A
15/C

christobel

HSC
Can someone please clarify for me whether or not the Ombudsman is a legal or non-legal measure?

xxJTxx

HSC
I think I got 15/15!

1. D
2. B
3. B
4. A
5. D
6. D
7. A
8. C
9. D
10. B
11. C
12. D --> question said natural law doctrine, not natural justice! Must be D, as this is a feature of the doctrine; a recognition of the power of the state in regard to positive law v natural law
13. A
14. A
15. C

I think we got much easier multiple choice then last yr!

I clarified these with my teacher btw, who agrees with them. But that doesn't mean they are right!

Anyway!

shona1990

HSC
Ughhhh.
I hated them.
So vague and ..argh.
Generally multiple choice is easy for me, I could never understand the people that hated them, I found all the past exam papers pretty easy, getting at leat 13 for each, and now I get the feeling I got like 11.

0xXx5

HSC
M/C a couple of dodgy ones for me but i still think i got 12+ overall pretty good though except family section didnt finish that off

btw shona did u go to middle harbour primary lol

Mevelyn2551

HSC
christobel said:
Can someone please clarify for me whether or not the Ombudsman is a legal or non-legal measure?
Definately legal. I dont remember exactly WHAT the ombudsman does (my gut says something about appealing decisions or something), but I know that they are appointed by the government and have legal authority.

Daaan

HSC
I reckon I got 13 maybe, screwed up a couple ie 12.... didnt read the question grr

shona1990

HSC
0xXx5 said:
M/C a couple of dodgy ones for me but i still think i got 12+ overall pretty good though except family section didnt finish that off

btw shona did u go to middle harbour primary lol
Lol yes!
Why, who are you?
:eek:
haha

stacey123

HSC
People who pass a means test are still subject to jurisdiction and merit test but all juvenille's facing criminal charges are granted legal aid...I think th answer is d

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)