Multiple Choice (1 Viewer)

Talia95

HSC
N/A
That has got to be one of the easiest multiple choice tests ever! :) Didn't get them all but better than normal

Hezz96

HSC
What if you get polyethylene from sugars (crushed sugar cane) not cellulose
When they do this process they harvest the sugar and crush the sugar cane leaves (containing cellulose) to eventually produce polyethylene.. So The answer is still cellulose. Don't worry I got fooled. Didnt even read the cup just saw the shape and thought polystyrene! Fuck :/

Hezz96

HSC
so many people put 17 as A.
But the thing is this is not a disassociation. It's just a neutralization reaction to produce salt.

I put down as B. Still believe it's B, but who knows
I dont understand.. This isn't the way I worked out my answer but just another way of looking at it.. 0.1 moles of any substance is the same amount of particles. But in actetic acid not all molecules ionise therefore dont you not need as many NaOH molecules to neutralise the solution as you do for HCl where all particles are ionised? Therefore you need less that 23.4mL Could this be correct or am I talking smack lol?

Locus

HSC
I dont understand.. This isn't the way I worked out my answer but just another way of looking at it.. 0.1 moles of any substance is the same amount of particles. But in actetic acid not all molecules ionise therefore dont you not need as many NaOH molecules to neutralise the solution as you do for HCl where all particles are ionised? Therefore you need less that 23.4mL Could this be correct or am I talking smack lol?
Reaction between a strong base and any acid (weak or strong) will go to completion. Hence if you have the same moles of acid, the same moles of base will be needed to neutralise it. Thus you get B

nifkeh

HSC
Reaction between a strong base and any acid (weak or strong) will go to completion. Hence if you have the same moles of acid, the same moles of base will be needed to neutralise it. Thus you get B
I just did c1v1 = c2v2 2 times and got B as the answer

and yeah even tho it's a weak acid it still takes the same volume to titrate apaprently but the pH will be either greater or less than 7 compared to SB and SA

Praer

HSC
Uni Grad
+1

Think about titration. the end point is not when pH is 7 (which is what you're implying). It's when all moles of weak/strong acid and weak/strong base have reacted.

bangladesh

HSC
i still reckon it's a. when it says in factory it is referring to the material this was produced from. I reckon that was the only hard multiple choice,because ALL the mc were straight forward.

Killerb47

HSC
You have confused strength of an acid with concentration. Both acids have the same concentration and have equal volumes, so therefore it will be B 23.4mL

Web Addict

HSC
What's the answer to Question 5? Does the number, 116, refer to the atomic number or mass number?

hamstar

HSC
What's the answer to Question 5? Does the number, 116, refer to the atomic number or mass number?
oh my god!!!
I don't remember the question but i thought it to be as the atomic number. Hence my answer was that it is the same group as the element-16 (sulfur)

Praer

HSC
Uni Grad
i still reckon it's a. when it says in factory it is referring to the material this was produced from. I reckon that was the only hard multiple choice,because ALL the mc were straight forward.
Yeah.. you can't really make a cup out of cellulose =3= it's not even plastic
I fked up

Praer

HSC
Uni Grad
Well... it did say "recently discovered" so it should be something towards the end of the table

hamstar

HSC
Yeah.. you can't really make a cup out of cellulose =3= it's not even plastic
I fked up
A cup does not have to be plastic.
U could have the cup made out of polystyrene which was one of the options as well.
i read what it said on the cup and got D as my answer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)